Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-11351] about the blueprint station in use message...

Question

I  started  one of my  own created blueprints  and got that dreaded message "someone else is using that"  ... and  after about  5  minutes  "ding" was heard and the    blueprint station was usable.  About the same time,  Bojo was using  a blueprint of the same  building   at the spawn area.. and  when it was finished,    mine  then became  workable.

I now  started another building, using one of the free ones   supplied,  and it   to gave  me the same "other person using it"  message ...   whilst touring the island i came  across another player  using the same  blueprint.... and theirs  is  still under construction.

so it seems possible if   someone else is using the same blueprint  on the same  server  somewhere ... it  causes that message?. I know that occasionally  i hear a strange  "ding"...   from a  blueprint  being  completed ..somewhere , and when  our  server had just started the new  map ,   Bojo and I were the only ones on the server, yet she could hear the " ding"  from a completed  blueprint on my island   even though she was  several islands  away .

Could  this be  the cause of the issue? :|

• Upvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

It makes sense.  I have never had one of my own fail.  The other issue may be that the coyn ones sometimes double place and you end up with two workstations.  Now that you mention it, I had exactly this happen. It wasn't until I finished using the working station that the other one became available.  One of my friends not knowing it was the glitch station, started feeding it.  I was getting the second build inside the first.

Kim, you are a genius.

@bojo ......   the only  time  one of mine failed was when you had a copy and was setting up the admin buildings  on  spawn and other islands......   but it  suddenly  came alive when the ones you were building were finished.  The problem i see is that if  you use one of the free ones, and someone stars it .and then gives up and leave,  never to  com back ,,,,yours will never be finished.B|

aha    i must be onto something ...discovered  someone using  same  blueprint  on our server...they were  about  95%   finished.....about  10  mins later i heard "ding"  so went to my work station...and  now  i had access!.  :D

Can there at least be a cancel option, like the 2 minute option you get with placing blocks. Now, not only can't I use the blueprint.  But I can't build where I was going to.  I guess it's a good thing I haven't place my PB yet. 

Alright, we'll take a look!

• Thanks 1

i got the  same  message  with   one of my "unique" blueprints..... i  was the only person on line on that server. I rejoined 4 times seeing if that would fix it ...nope ! .. so  gave up  util the next  day.  Then when i  logged in it  worked like a charm.

Thing i found strange ,  was  when the first  blueprint " hung-up  " like that ..i could  start another and it would  work!   :|