Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-11498] Ylander gone missing

Question

This is a strange one, and probably a tough one to reproduce, but it happened so I'm mentioning it...

Earlier today I started a new Explore game, local SP.  I did all the normal things, exploring, gathering resources, and so on.  The game did crash once, but I didn't think anything of it at that time since it was lagging some then as well.  I just restarted and continued on from where it last saved.

At one point I decided I was going to move my base to the opposite side of the island.  So I grabbed all my items of value into my inventory, and sailed my small boat around to the other side.  When I got there, I took this snapshot:

Ylands_180812_162453.thumb.png.a26127366d9589e0b8a3b10ddfaf205f.png

I left my Ylander exactly there, standing on that rock.

At that point, I decided to switch over to the editor.  (Yes, I sometimes do slightly cheat-ish things when I play on my own.)  I was only opening it to look at how deep the water is at that part of the shore.  Basically, can I park a ship there?

BUT...  There was a problem when I opened it in the editor.  First, it dropped the camera at the original spawn point (it usually drops near the Ylander).  When I tried using the "Go To" menu, it would not let me select my Ylander.  So I flew the camera to that part of the island, and he was nowhere to be found.  No body.  No grave.  No pile of belongings.  Not a single sign that he had ever existed at all.  There was no character present anywhere on the map.

That got me curious, so I switched back over the Explore mode.  It put me right back at the spawn point (my initial base) with nothing but my undies and a broken protective barrier.  I ran to the spot where the first Ylander was last seen, and again there was absolutely no sign of him ever existing, other than the abandoned boat.

I honestly don't know if the error would have happened normally, if I'd closed it and just reopened in Explore mode, or if the Editor played a part in his disappearance.  It could have been the rock, and his position on top of it.

Attaching the log files.  I also made a copy of the "ylandsgame" file itself, so I have a copy that doesn't change as I continue to play, and I can attach that as well if it is needed.

(In this case, I will use the Editor to restore my inventory.)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Could you please also attach the save game file where this happened?

It could be that your character fell down through the textures, and that's why there was no grave or anything.

But then I would have expected the "Go To" menu to at least acknowledge he's there somewhere.  And there was no notification that he had died (starved/froze/whatever) and been replaced.

The game file is just after I had restarted and run over to where the first Ylander disappeared.  The rock in question is up the shore just a few meters, behind where the new character is facing.

SPECTACULAR_PLATYPUSZONE.zip

• Thanks 1

My editor was not responding to the go to person thingy yesterday either. My person was there, but the link did nothing.