proGURU

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-8527] Invisible barrier bug

Question

Built a small yacht the other day. There seems to be an invisible barrier stopping me to go only in one direction. I've tried to disassemble everything on that stop and reconstruct but it stiil seems to be there. I can cross that spot if I jump though. Video is uploaded on YouTube. If allowed I will share it in the forum.

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

i have  experienced a similar event  but it was only  temporary. It seemed to be lag related, because it occurred  either  just before a change in the weather due to an approaching storm, or  when 2 players  tried to log in at the same time  (   /who revealed  2 players  ...with no name  yet..).

I found  it also occurred when   using the prop pack and    at a certain height above  ground,  again possible  lag due to the larger  field of  view...   because   if i  reduced  height, it  would  correct itself.  Also  hitting   escape ...and then closing that window would fix it.  I never complained  as i considered it  a  symptom of  my  pathetic  ip connection.  But in my experience  it seemed to be lag/internet speed load related.:|

• Upvote 2

I was the only one online though. It was present all the time on that spot. Height was not a problem since he moved normally in one direction. I'll share the video for clarification. Please have a look at this. 

It was present in first person too. A jump would suffice to pass that spot.

output_log and output_log_clean files, please? :) (you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data)

why would you need logs for that though? it's pretty clear what's happening there, you can see it even on stout's vid:

• Thanks 1

Logs are always helpful, especially if our testers can't reproduce the issue :)

2 minutes ago, Ane said:

Logs are always helpful, especially if our testers can't reproduce the issue :)

Hello Ane I made a post what do u think off my post

Alright, our testers found the issue, now is in hands of one of our programmers :)

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, Ane said:

Alright, our testers found the issue, now is in hands of one of our programmers :)

Thank you. I found some more very small bugs in game. I'll post them if it's not a problem. 

1 hour ago, proGURU said:

Thank you. I found some more very small bugs in game. I'll post them if it's not a problem. 

Sure, we always encourage people to post their findings! :)

hmmh thats because you reach  minimal high of the ceiling when going down. It's 4 square high when you going down and when you going up it's 5 square high, as far as I knew you need atleast 5-6 square high. However you can bypass this limit (atleast 4 square high) by jumping into that hole(or what ever it's (hall way, door, windows). ^_^

Have fun! ^_^

Edited by V-Alfred

On 8/30/2018 at 11:32 PM, V-Alfred said:

It's 4 square high when you going down and when you going up it's 5 square high, as far as I knew you need atleast 5-6 square high.

This statement looks absolutely right. Even the normal doors are 6 tile high, makes sense now. 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:32 PM, V-Alfred said:

However you can bypass this limit (atleast 4 square high) by jumping into that hole(or what ever it's (hall way, door, windows). ^_^

But I don't know what this really means technically, though I knew how to bypass it. 

19 hours ago, proGURU said:

But I don't know what this really means technically, though I knew how to bypass it. 

I mean just by jumping into the "hole". I think the current collision box is good enough, we just need to make higher ceiling. ^_^ It's better for moving around in 3rd person camera too.

Note: just in case, "square" I said above isn't x2 , I mean the blocks high.