Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #45

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

So the most important news first - 0.10 is finally ready to be released, so you will be able to finally try it out yourself early next week. We did our best to release it this Thursday, but some things got in the way (like flights from Cologne - where Gamescom is being held - getting canceled), and with this update being really big we don't want to release it on a Friday.

Speaking of Gamescom - it's still taking place, so if you get the chance, stop at our booth, talk to us and get some free stuff...

image.png
Pay us a visit, get a parrot and some cool merchandise! :)

That's it for now - this Dev Diary is super short because you will get a nice new video Dev Diary at the beginning of the next week, and on Friday we'll talk about what to expect after 0.10. Until then have a great time - and stay classy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Surely there will be a way for those that live too far away to get a free in-game pet?

• Upvote 2

You add and add more and more stuff, but the game still works like ****..Sometimes I have 40fps ,sometimes 100+fpsHow about working at that thing ??Make the game work smoth.my pc( gtx 1070,6700k,16gb,ssd)

9 hours ago, Frumuselu Codrin said:

You add and add more and more stuff, but the game still works like ****..Sometimes I have 40fps ,sometimes 100+fpsHow about working at that thing ??Make the game work smoth.my pc( gtx 1070,6700k,16gb,ssd)

If you're used to 100+ FPS than I envy you. But 40 FPS still sounds solid, doesn't it? I'm sure they are polishing the game right now because the version 1.0 should be running as smoothly as it can to attract new players.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Frumuselu Codrin said:

I bought this game 1 year ago ,I can t wait to play it :D

It has it's problems, it's true. But my over 1700 hours since the December release on Steam says it is very playable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, .Chou. said:

Surely there will be a way for those that live too far away to get a free in-game pet?

I will be doing another building competition soon! Look out ;)

• Like 2

bojo2736 if you aceept to play the game on frame drops,this  is your problem.Believe me when you play on 100 fps and then jumps to 25 fps and again and again ,the difference is to big between frames and makes the game to have a lot of little ,,lags''..In my opinion,this make the game and any game not to be played.All I want from the producers of this game is a constant/stabil 60 fps and after that I will have double of your hours of ply..sorry for my poor engl.

Hey Dev's, unfortunately I can't make the trip  over from Australia to your gamescom event... good point made from Chou. Rewarding the current players would be a nice little thank you. 

I was wondering about blocks, at what stage will you look into adding back the blocks you took away and maybe a few new ones also. For e.g single roof pieces, more options for brick blocks (hands down the best block in the game).. although sandstone is a close 2nd.

Do you plan on making most/all items from the cube craftable at some stage.

Blueprints, for me are the single best thing included in the game this year(building wise), I can take my time in the editor to create something cool, and then rebuild it on server. Or at least make ladders capturable for now.

Have/will you think about making furniture capturable as well (minus the paid items ,cubes and mining materials.

Last question, how will pets work?

Will it be like when you purchase items now, we're you can only use it on 1 game, or will the pet be unlocked regardless of which game and can be used multiple times? 

1.0 here we come.

Thanks Chief

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Frumuselu Codrin said:

bojo2736 if you aceept to play the game on frame drops,this  is your problem.Believe me when you play on 100 fps and then jumps to 25 fps and again and again ,the difference is to big between frames and makes the game to have a lot of little ,,lags''..In my opinion,this make the game and any game not to be played.All I want from the producers of this game is a constant/stabil 60 fps and after that I will have double of your hours of ply..sorry for my poor engl.

You assume my stats are the same as yours. I rarely get below 60fps since the update of .07. That may be partly tge game. It may also be my new computer. Sorry performance is bad for you but maybe it is your system and/or your net connection?

• Downvote 1

You can't play unless it's 100fps?  This isn't CSGO, kid.

You say you bought it a year ago.  I say if you really wanted to play it, you would be playing it already.  It's not fully polished, but it's stable and strong enough now to be playable.

• Upvote 2

#Indomitus ….what I write and what you understand..I think  you are in another movie man...I wrote somewhere that I want to play this game only when is over 100 fps ??Show me where ..I ve installed the game yesterday and deleted after 2 minutes because of the same problems.The game doesn t runs smoth and this bothers me..btw I have 0 hours of cs but almost 4k at Ark..

On 8/26/2018 at 7:34 AM, Frumuselu Codrin said:

#Indomitus ….what I write and what you understand..I think  you are in another movie man...I wrote somewhere that I want to play this game only when is over 100 fps ??Show me where ..I ve installed the game yesterday and deleted after 2 minutes because of the same problems.The game doesn t runs smoth and this bothers me..btw I have 0 hours of cs but almost 4k at Ark..

You played for 2 minutes deleted it? If that's the case your opinion is nil. This is one of the few games that I've played that is EA where I've had no problems with FPS. If you really have fiber to the home then there is something seriously wrong with your set up. I'm a COAX/Fiber designer for Cable TV and home feeds for internet. I have a cable modem that wizzes.  My game r4uns very smoothe, but...I also have a beast of a pc, but honestly, I don't think it needs as much power as my pc has. 

I see a lot of people complains that the game doesn t runs smooth.I start to believe that all of you who thinks that the game runs very good, are a fan of this game and are so ,,blind'' to accept that issue.I ran between the trees and the 2 minutes where more than enough for me to see that the game runs same like one year ago.I don t think I have problems with my fiber, couse all the games  played on multiplayer works very good.I download things from torrents with 10mb/s.Another thing: This game needs internet conection to be played on singleplayer ?

On 8/26/2018 at 4:18 AM, Frumuselu Codrin said:

my pc is  bad ? the internet is optic fibre..

my conf1.jpg

My computer has similar specs. I don't have the same issues you do. The only time I have FPS drop is when the map is older and there are multiple glitches. 

Of the problems I have with this game, fps drop really isnt one of them. Not since 0.08.

• Downvote 1