Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit32

What makes you stay with Ylands?

I am just wondering what makes you stick with Ylands?
Too me I stay with Ylands because off the editor I really like the aspects of making games and I am just wondering do you stay with Ylands because
The survival aspect
The editor
The servers playing with friends is awesome B)
So what do you like about Ylands?

Well, technically I'm not "staying" with ylands since I haven't been able to complete a SP explore game since around update 7 I encountered a bug ( previously reported in the appropriate subforum )  that prevents me exploring maps completely but I am following it because I payed for it and hoping to try it again when it comes out of beta if I can be certain the serious issue I had has been resolved.  I think the premise of the game is fun but the technical issues still detract from my overall enjoyment of the game.

Honest question? How do you "complete" a game in Ylands?  

What keeps me is:

Building both in the editor and with friends. Can we please play cooperatively in editor too?

Friends and community.

It's just really relaxing for me. 

• Upvote 1

Ylands to me is an "open ended" game  ..there is really no completion. Once you   build a base and  explore,  something new arrives,  so you can start again on a new  map,  built  better, and learn  more skills. ...and in a co-operative  pve game, meet new friends.:D

Also the game is still in early release....   its   still  being   refined and  developed.  

It takes  time and patience  to learn. It takes  time and  patience for the  developers to develop

I recall  once  getting upset because something  was happening  and was "not what I wanted" ..My  mothers  response was   " The world does NOT dance to your  drumbeat".

Sometimes  you need to mark time  until the parade catches up with you :D ..especially when you play the trombone and  are in the  front row o.O

Edited by kimbuck
Fuxin sPullin Errahs

Marking time.  Waiting to see what the new update brings us.  This keeps me interested too.  This game is different than when I started in .06.