Ane

0.10: Clever Coding (27/08/2018)

Great to see another update to the game! 

Is there any news on the unique pet that was going to be gifted to the early Ylanders?

On 11/11/2017 at 6:48 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Every one of you who has bought Ylands up until this moment will, when we get to Steam, get coyns worth roughly 45 USD. You can spend them now or keep them for later - it's obviously up to you.

But we don’t want to show our gratitude with just money - honestly we believe that there are more important things than that and so in the future you will also receive a certain pet that no one else will ever be able to obtain, and that will forever mark you as the ones who helped us getting this game started.

Also, on our forums, you will get a special badge so that even there everyone recognizes you as the one that belongs to a rather small and elite group of Ylands players - a true pioneer ylander.

We sincerely hope you’ll like this and that you’ll stay with us so that together we can keep improving Ylands for many years to come. If you feel like helping us a bit more, you might want to post a review on Steam once we get released there - letting potential players know what to expect will be very important at that point.

Thank you again and as always... you stay classy, ylanders!

• Like 2

@Indian Chief Sorry for not being able to respond earlier. Some information about the pets: There can be no more than one pet present at any game and even that has certain probability (currently it's about 1 in 4 or 5 ylands - so yes, it's meant to be rare :) ). Once you open the cage it stays there so that other's can see someone was actually able to find it :).

Instant action vs one with a progress: I will talk about this in DD soon

A special pet for early Ylanders: This will definitely happen - but shortly before we leave EA. Just giving an extra pet to everyone now would make feel like less special and would leave us empty handed when the time comes and we'll want to thank you all :) ( plus it's one more reason for you  to stick with us at least till we leave leave EA :D )

• Like 1

Ales mate, you're a champion for getting back to me. The information you have given is very welcomed without giving away too much. 

Have a great weekend, loving what you've done to the update thus far.

Cheers Chief

On 8/31/2018 at 1:14 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

There can be no more than one pet present at any game and even that has certain probability (currently it's about 1 in 4 or 5 ylands - so yes, it's meant to be rare :) ). Once you open the cage it stays there so that other's can see someone was actually able to find it :).

so we have to wait till server resets to even get a chance to start a luck race to get it?

oh btw, baskets from my boat detached and disappeared, is that a thing now?

Edited by Brbrmensch

Stout Crusher here, I have FINALLY found the Flying Boar Pet! I will be releasing a YouTube Spoiler Alert video showing what the Random Site looks like and where to find it.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:14 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

(currently it's about 1 in 4 or 5 ylands - so yes, it's meant to be rare :) )

I don't think Ales meant 1 in every 4 or 5 Ylands, but 1 in every 4 or 5 Official Dedicated Servers. Hopefully that will help everyone with finding their own Flying Boar Pet. Good Luck!

P.S. If you don't want to know what the site looks like, then don't watch the video. =P

20180901132217_1.thumb.jpg.c7f10d83b9f6a9dd622c0c8d18a621cd.jpg

• Like 1

The editor must be broken in terms of setting the angle of rotation when attempting to create circular buildings and objects. It won't let me set the angle of rotation without it reverting back to the previous settings as soon as I select an object to rotate it.  The premium Blueprint "Workspace" is a wonderful example of some of the things we should be able to accomplish in the editor but because there is no way to set an object's angle of rotation or even how far it should rotate this is impossible. 

1 hour ago, Chromedome2 said:

The editor must be broken in terms of setting the angle of rotation when attempting to create circular buildings and objects. It won't let me set the angle of rotation without it reverting back to the previous settings as soon as I select an object to rotate it.  The premium Blueprint "Workspace" is a wonderful example of some of the things we should be able to accomplish in the editor but because there is no way to set an object's angle of rotation or even how far it should rotate this is impossible. 

It's possible but not easy. Switch it to 90 and 0 and back to what you want it to be and then it should work. 

You can set it to free rotate, or set it to one of the angle choices, by clicking the settings icon in the upper left of the screen.  (Look for the icon that looks like a gear wheel.)  It's not broken.

In order to use that angle setting while rotating any selection that includes building blocks, you must press and hold "V" while you perform the rotation.  Also, if you already have the items selected, you will have to press and hold "V" to edit the values on that screen.  If you don't press and hold "V" it will only show "90" for the possible angle in that screen.

The last object you selected is used as the rotation center, so I find it's best to place a Reference Point (game logic) at the exact point where I want it to rotate.

edit:  I know it works fine because I recently started building a massive arena with round walls at the ends.

Edited by Indomitus

Well, gee guys, maybe one of you can make a new video tutorial on this as the editor's UI has changed quite a bit since the last one I saw.  Red, I think you made that last one...

I'm still unable to rotate any building blocks in the editor less than 90 degrees at a time, regardless of whether or not I am pressing V or how many times (or in what order) I have changed the value in the settings menu. Whenever I go back into the settings menu, regardless of what I set before, it tells me that the angle rotation is set to 0.1 degrees, even though it only allows for 90 degrees at a time. I think it may be broken to some degree, it seems like the anomaly when it does work for people. It would also be helpful to see tutorials with this new editor as it is vastly different from the old one and a lot of things seem to function in an entirely new way. Is there a trick to free placing blocks in the editor that I am missing?

• Upvote 1

Be sure that you have Angle step set to None when nothing is selected:

nothingselected.PNG

then make your selection, hold V button and rotate as you wish:

selected.PNG

(screenshot when I hold V button)

Update: 22/10/2018

Version: 0.10.1.58026

New assets

• Upper deck boat
  • Duck boat
  • Race car chassis
  • Off-road car chassis
  • Car body parts
  • Car front mask
  • Car trunk
  • Left side car driver seat
  • Right side car driver seat
  • Left side car passenger seat
  • Right side car passenger seat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is Great! I've already checked them out, cheap to build most of these items, which is nice. Just FYI though, the Off-road car chassis is listed as Duck boat wreck.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brbrmensch said:

optimization soon™?

In 0.11 ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StoutCrusher said:

This is Great! I've already checked them out, cheap to build most of these items, which is nice. Just FYI though, the Off-road car chassis is listed as Duck boat wreck.

I see that too.  It groups it correctly under car parts but has the wrong name.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I see that too.  It groups it correctly under car parts but has the wrong name.

We'll be releasing a small patch with the fix :)

• Like 1

Update: 23/10/2018

Version: 0.10.1.58050

• Fixed names of the new entities that were added in 0.10.1 (Off-road car chassis was listed as Duck boat wreck)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I need a tshirt that says "I survived version: 0.10.1.58050."

Who comes up with these numbers?

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1