Sign in to follow this  
greyfoxzb@gmail.com

Script Editor Bugs - Please fix!

Question

First off Great job on adding the script editor and expanding the possibilities for Ylands!

This is not personal its about making this game the best it can be! That said please fix these issues ASAP!

-

There is no Copy/Paste, Duplicate, Cut/Paste, Select All, Shift Select Hotkeys/Options in the Script Editor. This is .. Annoying to say the least.

Currently any Event that has an Argument does not work as you cannot add an argument.

This means, On Kill[Entity] Does not work as does Triggers like OnExit[Trigger Entity] you cannot set the trigger entity etc.

YK2xtF7

When Spawning an entity you cannot access it via script.

For Example If I wanted to Spawn lets say a Wolf and then set its Label or colors etc I do not see a way to do it using only the script editor.

I also do not see any object properties for re-spawning an entity after it has been picked up, destroyed, moved, killed, etc

in Short:

• There are no There is no Copy/Paste, Duplicate, Cut/Paste, Select All, Shift Select Hotkeys/Options in the Script Editor.
  • Cannot use Events with Arguments
  • Cannot access Spawned entities within the script editor
  • Cannot Re-spawn Entities using only the script editor
  • Object Properties need to be fleshed out

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi, I do not see any bugs in the list. Just list of feature you want to be there.

• Copy/Paste, Duplicate -> unfortunately there is no hint for it but you can hold CTRL when starting drag of a tile -> it will make copy of it. (other things from that list are not implemented yet
  • Events - probably I need more explanation for that. Events with arguments seems to be working exactly as they supposed to.
    • Events are triggered from the game. All arguments are provided to you.
    • Use custom instructions if you need to have your own events with your argument list.
    • onkill1.PNG
    • kill2.PNG
  • Now you need for that purpose to use Entity templates.
    • spawn with script.PNG
    • However there will be Spawn entity instructions which will return spawned entity in the future
  • Destroyed/killed entities are completely removed from the world to save memory because they are no longer needed. Probably Entity template can help you to "Respawn" (spawn again) same entity?
  • Same as the previous answer. Ammo/enemy respawn can be done with current set of features. It is up to you if you respawn thing when it is pick up, after a while, when it is destroyed etc.
  • Like 1

I'll move the thread to the suggestions subforum :)