Ane

Multiplayer issues

Question

Hi guys! In our efforts in fixing as many issues as possible, we'd like to specifically focus on Multiplayer issues as well. When receiving reports in this regard, we often get very vague descriptions, like "there is lag" or "Multiplayer is broken!".

So in this thread I'd like to ask you to report all Multiplayer issues you can think of that are ruining your game experience, and please be as specific as possible :)

Thanks a lot!

81 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi So I create a 'Universal' game for PC and Mobile and I launch it as multiplayer on the PC. When I try to invite somebody who is using a mobile, it tells them 'Incompatible Game Version'. Is this normal behaviour?

What kind of game did you make? I haven't messed around with this stuuf since release, but my guess is that you used an exploration type, and it is not available to mobile.

It was just a sandbox type map set up as Universal (players from PC and mobile devices can play this scenario together in multiplayer) and it plays just fine on mobile as well as PC..but not together lol. But just noticed the editor default size of map is set at X4 Y3 Z4. I remember seeing somewhere that mobile maps can only be 3x3x3. Will try a quick test to see if this is the issue.

No still doesn't work set map to 3x3x3 and same result..even just for just a flat map..with no entity's

Edited by Sarah-9f0c7b8d5e239d91
adds
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ursprungligen skrivet av River:
when u play together with a friend and downloaid a ship to your map, as soon as you push the helm on the ship , and the ship starts to float, it starts to lag for one of the players. when u push on the helm again (now u can build again) it stops lag!

it starts to lag for one of the players. <- it does not lag for the host, if i join the host and the host pust on "the Helm on the boat" it starts to lag for me. this is not a specific to the computers or to the connection. it the coding

Edited by findz

Sorry for my english...i will try describe our problems...Sometimes, when i try find my friens for game invite, game "stuck" in "searching". I cant go out, or cancel it, or anything...Just ctrl+alt+delete and shut game... Screen looks like picture bellow...
image.thumb.png.5f3eb4963319eee9566b95ae1d7592cd.png