Sign in to follow this  
Marco Oliveira

Light with Flint so snapshot =/

Question

Hello, I had already commenting on this in the topic "0.10 Clever Coding"  about leaving the flint stone loading bar to light things up, and more advanced items to do it instinctively.

I thought that was a charm of the game, I felt immersed when I was putting wood and lighting the stove to prepare food xD

• Upvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I dunno,  I like the fact that it doesn't take all freakin' day now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I prefer the short version. 

you can fire faster but you'll need to do the item to do it. Imagine this: we have two items that make Flit and Flier fire, why would you try to make the Flighter and Flint buy the same function equally?

I'm just suggesting functionality so that all items have a function and progression so the player can evolve their tools =)

Edited by Marco Oliveira

46 minutes ago, Marco Oliveira said:

you can fire faster but you'll need to do the item to do it. Imagine this: we have two items that make Flit and Flier fire, why would you try to make the Flighter and Flint buy the same function equally?

I'm just suggesting functionality so that all items have a function and progression so the player can evolve their tools =)

The problem has to do with lighting a lot of stuff. We use flint lighters to light torches, benches, bonfires etc. and we want to do it quick. 

1 hour ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

The problem has to do with lighting a lot of stuff. We use flint lighters to light torches, benches, bonfires etc. and we want to do it quick. 

Yep, you can do it, but first make a item capable of it. a lighter for example. =)

I can see it being a little more realistic if the flint lighter or the bow drill takes a few strikes to light something, because they do in real life.  Maybe it doesn't need to be as long as it was, but a little delay would make sense for them.  If you're using a torch or candle, or something else that's already lit, then it would be faster.

Either way, it doesn't really affect the game for me.  Doesn't bother me if it's instant, or if it's a second or two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marco Oliveira said:

Please understand that this is not a reverie, just want to inquire the game with small details that makes it so immersive.

I am with you... have the flint/bow drill take time, then add something like a piezo (made with ylandium?) lighter for instant lighting.

I have never had an issue with the time taken to light stations - it's just a tiny fraction of the overall time taken to craft/cook stuff.

• Haha 1