Just Paul

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-12009] Respawn after offline death?

Question

TL/DR

I guess my main questions are why did I even die offline in the first place?  And why did the game start me like I'm a brand new character on the server I started??? 

My boat was stuck because of a freeplaced item...  Once the boat was freed with anchor up and full speed ahead it threw both my wife and I off the boat and took off until it ran out of coal... This buggy glitchy game is almost more annoying than its worth playing.... 

Last time I played on my server with my wife I logged off on my boat off the shore of a different island than my starting island, in fact quite a distance away from my starting island.    My wife continued playing without me for a couple days on that island our boat was parked at.   two days later while offline I some how died and all my stuff was on the ocean floor beneath my boat....  I wasn't able to log on for another couple days and when I did I was spawned at the main island with not even the map I had on me, which when I had died before always spawned with me...   So now my wife and my boat are very far away and I have nothing on me to even get back to them and the really bad part is the boat wont move under her control...     This is just....  Almost game breaking for me.    My ship randomly spawning on shallow land or on my dock instead of next to it where I parked it. No.  My ship randomly wanting to not be in the water. no not even that.  Trying to dig my ship out of shallow water only to have the water continue going more shallow making it nearly impossible to dig out.  Nope that wasn't even too horribly bad that I didn't want to play the game.   Now this... THIS me dying offline in a safe place and getting spawned all the way back to my starter island with nothing and my boat some how wont let my wife control it.  Yeah thats pretty bad!  I wouldn't have even known it was my starter island except my wife had gone around the entire island she was at twice and didn't see me.  I then started looking around, died from a mob of wild cats, only to find my original town...   Yes yes I can remake everything because all my work stations are here, but that is not the point... 

EDIT!  It started me as a new character... No recipes revealed... nothing.... 

And now I've made it back to my boat and with anchor up neither of us can control the boat?  It wont move front or back. It tries to and acts like its still anchored without the anchor down...???  (so frustrated)

The water is very deep.  The boat will reverse for a very short distance then act like its going up a ramp and stop. Going forward it does the same thing, almost acting like its still anchored to something but with nothing anchoring it nor any land preventing it from going back or forward..???

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, Just Paul said:

why did I even die offline in the first place? 

Based on my experience, sometimes offline character on deck will move slightly (and offline character can't swim that good), especially if someone drove it. Same thing happened to my friend, he was offline on our ship, and I drove the ship around the world. And yeah, if I remember correctly he spawn at starter island too.

About the anchored ship, maybe server restart will fix the issue. Good luck and be patient, polishing state is on the way. :)

Edited by V-Alfred

Just now, V-Alfred said:

Based on my experience, sometimes offline character on deck will move slightly (and offline character can't swim that good), especially if someone drove it. Same thing happened to my friend, he was offline on our ship, and I drove the ship around the world. And yeah, if I remember correctly he spawn at starter island too.

About the anchored ship, maybe server restart will fix the issue, good luck! And be patient, polishing state is on the way. :)

the ship was never moved.   only decorated.   I've died a lot before this and always spawned at the island I was closest not across the map back at the original spawn and without my map.   The ship wound up being stuck from a free placed item my wife put a chest down to put all my stuff in it that she picked up from when I died.   When the ship was unlocked it took off and kicked both of us off the deck into the water and didn't stop until it ran out of coal......    So many broken glitches all happening at the same time I'm about ready to uninstall until some of these are fixed.    Especially the dying offline and spawning across the map = unacceptable especially if we can't change the spawn location or it isn't consistent ant in which some times you die and it puts you on the closest island with your map and sometimes at your first spawn with nothing and no recipes unlocked?    I kept in mind and keep in mind its being polished but I found out these have been issues for nearly a year and keep being an issue?  yeah thats not good at all.

Hey Paul I get that it's frustrating to lose things that you have spent time to attain but as you said the game is still in development. I don't speak for the Devs but Ane recently posted a thread that asked the community what issues they were having with multiplayer. The only response she received was an issue concerning ships. I'm assuming that was a big red flag for them having only one response that they see again and again. I'd like to clarify once more that I do not speak for the Devs and I am only assuming that they're working on fixing some of the issues now. You could write a clear explanation of some of your personal experiences on this thread maybe that'd make you feel better. Good luck getting back to your Yland.

Here is Ane's thread.

I don't mind losing things if its a legit reason even if its my fault.  But when the game glitches punish you further and further that in itself are game breaking for me.  Especially since the problem I just had and explain in my original post has been a known issue they said they were going to fix earlier this year and it still hasn't even been addressed.  Maybe I had the perfect storm of problems all at once but Dying while off line = character reset on a non pvp mp server is a deal breaker for me especially because the game does not explain what is needed to prevent from dying offline in any way and when you die in game your character doesn't reset either so nope can't overlook it.

Thank you for sharing that thread.

Edited by Just Paul

Any chance you can attach the save game file where this happened? (I'm guessing you don't have the logs anymore?)