V-Alfred

[Forum][Suggestion] The use of "About Me" tab

Question

Hey there, been long time since my last suggestion. Since I don't have much time playing Ylands game recently, I spend my spare time only on Ylands forum. I've noticed something is missing, when you look at your own profile you see "About Me" tab, and when you look at others, it doesn't show up.. or I can't find it anywhere on their profile. As if I understand correctly, the "About Me" tab is used to introduce yourself to "stranger" who look at your profile and want to know more about you without the needs to ask/post about it but since it doesn't show up, it doesn't have meaning.

For example:

image.thumb.png.65c6c322294324b51a90d9f295fb6e57.png
As you can see, there is "About Me" tab beside Activity when you look at your own profile (in this case it's mine).

image.thumb.png.5c2ebcd64a840e04f1db1a4f244a1145.png
And here for example, you can't see it.

Am I blind or it's on the setting somewhere? or the web designer forgot to put it there? ^_^ I know it's small thing, maybe just maybe when you guys have spare time to add it, that would be wonderful.

*Edit* Sorry I have used your profile as an example @YadNiMonde :D

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Upvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

@V-Alfred If i click on your profile i see your 'about me' section - it shows just your birthday as 23 Feb.

Edit: could it be that you don’t see your own “about me” and that your test subject hasn’t filled theirs in?

i have added some text to mine for you to test. 

Edited by TheSparkPlug
There their they’re

2 hours ago, Christalle said:

Personally, I don't even have the tab "about me"! Or, I can't find it? o.O

I found mine in the "edit profile" option

45 minutes ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I found mine in the "edit profile" option

Oh yes I see, but it's strange I can't edit my date of birth, nor basic/personal info

Sans titre.jpg

Edited by Christalle

And I don't see your "about me" either

5bab7385b32e7_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.544fb54a6bb11c623ac63fd428801ff7.jpg

Edited by Christalle
  • Upvote 1

Mm interesting... I do see the "About me"s... I'll ask and see if there's an explanation :)

On 26/09/2018 at 6:04 PM, TheSparkPlug said:

i have added some text to mine for you to test.

Only the account owner who can see their "About me", not others. That's what I'm trying to say. I'm confused how to explain it.. oh well the point is, I can't see yours.
Mine is same as @Christalleimage.thumb.png.4e84458b8c660507dd88ec2b128dfffa.png.

In case you're wondering, it's my current "About me" xD (about a week ago I edited it): image.thumb.png.fd478a1a276976d735d0cf350ceeb88d.png

I'm really sorry for late reply. :(

Edited by V-Alfred