Sign in to follow this  
arkaeldren

Came Back

Question

Came back after 8 months.  UI is a complete wreck, playing with an Xbox One controller is impossible, optimization non existent.  Go ahead and call me a troll, or that I am "Toxic" exc....   How about 600+ hours back in January and now I come back to enjoy some of the new features and it really is RUINED for me.  You guys had every major Youtube player showcasing and you dropped the ball.  I am sure many of us recommended doing some "IMMEDIATE" fixes to hold and increase numbers.  You guys do realize how many PC players use an Xbox One controller right?  My experience with gaming companies is that when they make mistakes with updates (UI Sucks) they tend to not admit take responsibility.  Betting you guys are going to do the same,  so my short love affair with Ylands is over.  Good luck, but I'm betting clearance isle 4-6 months after 1.0

• Downvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Attendance is  not  compulsory.

Be where you are  happy. - Angels  prefer heaven,  the  devil  prefers hell.¬¬

Before  you cross that dividing  line,  firstly determine which side of the line you are standing  on ....:)

7 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Where does it say xbox is supported?

I think they mean using a controller on their PC.

The question still remains, is it stated that it's supported? Serious question. I didn't know you could use a game controller on a PC.

• Downvote 1

On 10/13/2018 at 7:05 PM, arkaeldren said:

Came back after 8 months.  UI is a complete wreck, playing with an Xbox One controller is impossible, optimization non existent.  Go ahead and call me a troll, or that I am "Toxic" exc....   How about 600+ hours back in January and now I come back to enjoy some of the new features and it really is RUINED for me.  You guys had every major Youtube player showcasing and you dropped the ball.  I am sure many of us recommended doing some "IMMEDIATE" fixes to hold and increase numbers.  You guys do realize how many PC players use an Xbox One controller right?  My experience with gaming companies is that when they make mistakes with updates (UI Sucks) they tend to not admit take responsibility.  Betting you guys are going to do the same,  so my short love affair with Ylands is over.  Good luck, but I'm betting clearance isle 4-6 months after 1.0

I actually agree with you, the UI is really confusing. Way too much going on for new users.

Optimization has been limited but there is a reason for that -- they wanted to be feature complete before they optimize as optimization is the last step and it takes less work to put everything together and optimize then do so for one released bit at a time. Optimization is often a later step in the process of game dev. 

I think you may be thinking this game was further along than it is. Optimization started not long ago. 

0.11 and 0.12 will be huge updates, specially when it comes to optimization, plus changes will be made to the UI :)