Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Full Editor for Sharegames, please enable!

770 hours played, I say only one thing. Please enable the full editor for Explore games. Please.

Explore games: Boring building game. Maybe it will improve later, but currently way too boring to endure, a sad truth. This could give it life right now.

Scenario: Generate 5 islands. All the same climate. No caves. Not suitable for full length games. No way to have different climates, ruins the long game.

If I could use the real editor, I could post a full blown multiplayer Sharegame with respawning custom enemies, traps, treasures, random structures, imported compositions, scripting, etc. Please allow the full editor for Explore games. Seriously. I know there is a roadmap and I have faith, but I can't play the game anymore like it is and I am sad about that. Please allow the editor. Thank you.

1 hour ago, XXon said:

770 hours played, I say only one thing. Please enable the full editor for Explore games. Please.

Explore games: Boring building game. Maybe it will improve later, but currently way too boring to endure, a sad truth. This could give it life right now.

Scenario: Generate 5 islands. All the same climate. No caves. Not suitable for full length games. No way to have different climates, ruins the long game.

If I could use the real editor, I could post a full blown multiplayer Sharegame with respawning custom enemies, traps, treasures, random structures, imported compositions, scripting, etc. Please allow the full editor for Explore games. Seriously. I know there is a roadmap and I have faith, but I can't play the game anymore like it is and I am sad about that. Please allow the editor. Thank you.

I agree, that would be awesome :D

1 hour ago, TheSparkPlug said:

Create a normal explore game, then load it from within the editor.

That does not work for logics. 

I would prefer more advanced Editor features like being able to edit an entire island's biome and change climate zones across the map.  But being able to edit Explore games, or have some way to convert an Explore map to a Scenario for editing would be a great temporary solution.

You can't really edit a Sharegame now, here is why. Once you yourself spawn, you destroy your creation. The second person has a crappier time, the third finds a wasteland. This ruins the long game. This degradation is a fundamental issue with the entire Explore game genre. Limited resources work very well for PvP,  but  I really need that bear to respawn after I move on, so the next guy can kill it. Even if I edit in 50 bears, it does not fix the issue. I can build mountains of iron, dense forest, I got that part covered. I need respawn. Plus, you need the logics to make it a unique, fun game.

But, even with the full blown editor, that is a lot of work and it takes 10-30 hours easy to do it right. Sliders would help. Let's say a big Difficulty slider and as you move it you see it affects lots of small sliders, like Hunger and Temperature Sensitivity and Animal Hit Points, which can all be adjusted individually. Flora slider for Trees, Undergrowth, Food, Herbs. Fauna Slider for  animal populations in their appropriate habitat, check box for auto respawn would be awesome. Five minutes later you have a custom Sharegame. The absolute best part about that is that it is unknown to YOU and you can actually explore it yourself instead of knowing everything already. But, that is a dream. I would really love to just able to fully edit a Sharegame.