Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #58

Hey there, fellow ylanders.

With update 0.10.1, we're bringing you a little something to keep you occupied until our next monster-of-an-update arrives. Speaking of which, it’s high time we started talking about that particular monster - about update 0.11.

We’ve already told you about the optimizations that will arrive with 0.11. If you’re one of those who likes to build things, you’ll experience a very significant performance gain. With this update you will be able to build things that were absolutely impossible to build before. But it will bring a lot of joy also to those who just like to roam in Explore mode - even there the game runs faster and, very importantly, more smoothly (please note that this doesn’t yet solve any potential MP-induced lag etc.).

Even though this will always be an ongoing process, we’re happy with what we’ve managed to achieve in this area and as soon as 0.11 comes out we’ll focus mainly on improving the second big problem - multiplayer issues.  

We’ve also done a major overhaul to two of Ylands' core game systems and you’ll get to experience both of them in 0.11. Namely it’s the Combat system and the Building mode. We've been testing the new combat system in multiplayer games every single day and it’s a ton of fun. And the new building mode? Let’s just say that even those who had major problems while trying to build something nice before, are now able to build some pretty neat structures with ease.

Fire.png
A good ol' campfire aboard your wooden ship? Well, why not?  ;) (Courtesy of @RedEagle_P1.)

Then there’s a high number of those smaller but very important improvements. I want to keep something for later but just to give you a little teaser: what about (finally!) having a nice way of locating other ylands?

And as usual ... the fixes. Lots of them. Loooots of them.

That’s it for today. Have a great week, ylanders, and as always - stay classy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

With this update you will be able to build things that were absolutely impossible to build before

Fantastic! Looking forward to this! 

Also -- I love my ship campfires :P -- don't make too much fun :P

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

With how many times the word Monster was mentioned....I wonder if there's a hidden meaning. New combat system does need something to test it on. I'm excited! :D

On 19/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

@RedEagle_P1.

I want to keep something for later but just to give you a little teaser: what about (finally!) having a nice way of locating other ylands?

Oh yes oh yes! Absolutely into this!