Sign in to follow this  
Spyler.X

some errors and suggestions

Hello Ylands team
My current purpose is to do small jobs with which I can try different aspects of the logic. I have started these days with these two projects.

1º.A drummer, I have worked with interactions, sounds and colors.

There are still some aspects to be polished before going up to the workshop but these are some mistakes that I have found and suggestions that come to mind.

Bugs:

-In establishing interactions with objects of the same type, the text of the track is exchanged between them.

-Error with the vectors, I can not write decimal numbers, instead I have to use divisions that extend the logic a lot.

-the error with the colors was already attended in the forum.

Suggestions:

-the time trigger does not start until the interval time between repetitions has elapsed.
Before we had a different option between initial time and time between repetitions. If for example I create a rhythm that lasts 8 seconds, when I activate it I have to wait 8 seconds for it to start.
It would be better if it started from the first moment.

-I would like you to return the option to listen to the sounds in the editor, it was crazy to choose the sounds for the battery. I would also like to have the option to choose the volume of the sound effect

-I realized that most sounds are percussion, and are strings of sounds that do not always sound the same, it would be nice to have more sound effects and with much more variety since the current ones are very similar.

2nd A watch

I have made two models one in real time that indicates how much time we have played.

For this my only suggestion is to be able to choose if we want to obtain the elapsed time of the activator in hours, minutes or seconds and we would avoid all this to obtain the appropriate values.

20181104010225_1.thumb.jpg.d9fcee256b8fb3ec6b5cfa2a757836c2.jpg
The other model goes with the time of the game and has the function of changing the time of day to the selected time.

My problem here has been to get the rotation of the clock, which has no unique value, it is very difficult to calculate the rotation, it is clear that I still have to adjust some values to work correctly but it implies too much logic when it could be something very simple if the axis works with values of 360º or with 180 and -180 instead of modifying the values of the other two axes, and repeating values on the axis that is being worked on.

a greeting

Edited by spyler.1989

Hi, long post :), I (or someone) will answer to it later.

For now just one thing. Vectors with rational numbers should work. Probably problem is in Spanish version. Try decimal comma vs decimal point. One of them should work for you.

@Houp I lost permissions on the forum to do anything but post here when this was opened up. I had no chance to brief people on what this is for (cant message them all yet). 

Once that is fixed I will send everyone to @Ane's sticky note :D 

On 11/4/2018 at 2:17 AM, spyler.1989 said:

-In establishing interactions with objects of the same type, the text of the track is exchanged between them.

Have you tried to have these buttons further from each other? (I know that you need them to be close but I would like to exclude that this is just Focusing bug)

On 4/11/2018 at 10:58 AM, Houp said:

Hi, long post :), I (or someone) will answer to it later.

For now just one thing. Vectors with rational numbers should work. Probably problem is in Spanish version. Try decimal comma vs decimal point. One of them should work for you.

forgive for the long post I will try to concretize more in the following ones.

The vectors do not work for me, the only character I can write is the point "." but he does not recognize me later.

52 minutes ago, Houp said:

Have you tried to have these buttons further from each other? (I know that you need them to be close but I would like to exclude that this is just Focusing bug)

With the theme of buttons, you're right. At a greater distance it does not happen, in any case, I have solved it by leaving it blank and using the name of the object.
Thanks for the answers:)

1 hour ago, spyler.1989 said:

The vectors do not work for me, the only character I can write is the point "." but he does not recognize me later.

Yep this is definitely bug. Will be fixed soon. Now you can set your language to English, type there decimal number and then switch back to Spanish until it is fixed.

the time trigger does not start until the interval time between repetitions has elapsed.
Before we had a different option between initial time and time between repetitions. If for example I create a rhythm that lasts 8 seconds, when I activate it I have to wait 8 seconds for it to start.
It would be better if it started from the first moment.

Not planned at the moment.

You can always have custom instruction "Do something" which is called from On trigger in Time trigger. When you want to enable that Time trigger just call "Do something" first.

I would like you to return the option to listen to the sounds in the editor, it was crazy to choose the sounds for the battery. I would also like to have the option to choose the volume of the sound effect

Yes, you are right. Some previews (not just for sounds but for particles also) are needed and will be added in the future.

For this my only suggestion is to be able to choose if we want to obtain the elapsed time of the activator in hours, minutes or seconds and we would avoid all this to obtain the appropriate values.

Some convenient functions converting number of seconds to hours/minutes/seconds will be added.

My problem here has been to get the rotation of the clock, which has no unique value, it is very difficult to calculate the rotation, it is clear that I still have to adjust some values to work correctly but it implies too much logic when it could be something very simple if the axis works with values of 360º or with 180 and -180 instead of modifying the values of the other two axes, and repeating values on the axis that is being worked on.

I probably need more info/example for this. Clocks seems to be axis align so changing just one axis should work.

1st- ok I will experiment with the instructions to avoid the delay.

2º The clock works in the local axis to be able to be used in any position,

I have detected the rotations that work and are somewhat variable every two laps change. Half of the clock works with:
X: 0 to 90 and 270 to 360
Y: 180
Z: 180

3.jpg.bddd08a444cbe5aed7a2867874fa8c31.jpg

and the other half
X: 0 to 90 and 270 to 360
Y: 0 to 10
Z: 0 to -10

2.jpg.f9510ea3d7b2a1452f5b03c54be368d0.jpg

I can try to adjust to this but if I turn the clock 45 degrees these values change. let's say that it recognizes the values of the global axis although we work with the local axis or a mixture, in fact I do not have it very clear.

1.jpg.f28f0bab39072f1df02b0d61dd00d2ac.jpg