Oliver Hope

Time Trigger min delay

Hey

In the old logic i remember having a very small minimum delay between repeats in a time trigger something like 0.0001 or 0.001 seconds but now the minimum delay is 0.03 i presume this is for performance but it can make animations a bit jittery so I would like to know what the reason for this is and will it change?

Time triggers (and Delay instruction) were never meant to be used to do animations but I get that there in not other way to do them so you use this. Limit will stay there but there will be proper way to make smoothly moving objects.

9 minutes ago, Houp said:

Time triggers (and Delay instruction) were never meant to be used to do animations but I get that there in not other way to do them so you use this. Limit will stay there but there will be proper way to make smoothly moving objects.

Thanks, awesome to here that we will have proper ways to move parts! is this something i can share with others outside the dev hotline?

Edited by Oliver Hope

@Oliver Hope that's actually a very good question :) We'd prefer if you wouldn't talk about what we discuss in here outside - not because we consider it secret in any way but because the communication we have here can be very fast and dynamic because we don't have to think that much about what we say... We might throw in ideas and discuss them with you and sometimes those may be things they in the end may not be implemented at all (because we find a better solution or because we may do some tests and see it isn't feasible etc.) - and we would really like to prevent the players outside this section to get their hopes high about something and then disappoint them. Also, it might even lead to some "bad blood" if some of the players started talking about "inside" information that others don't posses. 

I'll put this in the sticky note for others to see. Thanks for your understanding! :) 

• Thanks 1