Oliver Hope

Set interaction entity bug (could be general problem)

Hey 

In my game i am using the set interaction entity to detect when someone interacts with a bank safe(exit a vent) I teleport them to a location when they interact, this has always worked fine when testing in the editor but when playing in multiplayer works for everyone else except me. Heres the deal we host from Canada and i live in South Africa so i experience hectic lag and this is most likely the problem. I feel like Lag is effecting other custom logic that i am 99% sure is correct.

So is lag causing issues with logic? this would be a huge problem.

Oliver_P1

I am not aware of this issue. Can you provide us output logs from both client and server?

52 minutes ago, Houp said:

I am not aware of this issue. Can you provide us output logs from both client and server?

Gladly but I'm not sure how to do this

Step 2 is important:

2. output_log file and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

I would need them from 2 computers. From the one who is hosting a game and from the one who is client (if you are a client then from you)

On 11/6/2018 at 12:59 PM, Houp said:

Step 2 is important:

2. output_log file and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

I would need them from 2 computers. From the one who is hosting a game and from the one who is client (if you are a client then from you)

Hey so it turns out other people are also having issues, its not working for me at all and its unreliable for others 

here are the output logs:

Mine: 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Another Player:

output_log (1).txt

output_log_clean (1).txt

ReadEagle (Host):

output_log (2).txt

output_log_clean (2).txt

sorry for the late reply i was busy and also had to find people to test with