Orbow

4 wide wooden stair blocks?

Hi All, I did some searching but failed to identify any topics highlighting this. Forgive me if I'm mistaken and feel free to yell at me and link me to the post that explains this.

Problem I'm facing is, I cannot seem to find the 4 wide wooden stair block item in explore mode. Is this a creator mode exclusive? I cannot change variants in explore mode. I understand some items are creative mode exclusive but these 4 wide stairs are found within the explore mode world.

Am I doing something wrong/missing something?

Picture for reference (taken in creator mode)

image.png.6ab573783e6693672f6e83117bd42437.png

This item shouldn't be part of the Explore or Creative modes anymore - where did you find it? As part of a random encounter? Or you can find it in the Cube?

What game version are you guys playing?

54 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

I don't know how to get that information. There are different versions? 

In theory you should be playing the latest version, it's just to make sure, since the item is not supposed to be in the latest one.

You can see the info in the main menu, in the right bottom corner.

Please don't take away my 4x stairs.  Or any of the other items I won't tell you about :P

Yeah I did run across it as a variant in the creator cube, also I believe it spawns naturally in ylands explore mode for the pre generated "decks" with the tanning rack, chair, and bed.

Real shame that this is supposed to be removed. Why would it be removed? It seems like a perfectly reasonable item to have in game.

Edited by Orbow

10 hours ago, Ane said:

This item shouldn't be part of the Explore or Creative modes anymore - where did you find it? As part of a random encounter? Or you can find it in the Cube?

Ane, it's worse than you imagine! In this, the current version, there are many missing blocks not just block variants but blocks like corners and such. While at the same time there are many duplicates of other blocks and their variants.

TeamYlands used that block quite a bit in their Wild West town build... I made a Blueprint of the Wild West Hotel and built it myself on Stout Crusher's server a few seasons ago. It's bad enough that we can't place the cushy chairs without the cube but you made it impossible to repair the stairs all around the porch of that building. How does taking away useful features and removing essential blocks ever equate with improving the game!?

Currently we're aiming to have all sets completed by the 0.12 update (plus we'd like to add block descriptions).