bojo2736

ocean is broken

Question

I started this map less than a week ago.  Uploaded it to the server and opened it up for play yesterday.  That's right, a mere 24 hrs.  Tonight a section of the ocean did not load in.  That happens.  But it started to fill water from the adjacent sections.  Now i have a broken ocean at spawn.  The game is lagging pretty badly.  I had to restart three times tonight.

I'm afraid the spawn island ocean is broken and my less than 24 hour map is unplayable.  

We are trying to build a community, it's nearly impossible when the game has these game breaking glitches. If I have to roll back, my players may walk and not come back. 

Yes, yes.  Early access.  Yes, not optimize yet.  But at some point the excuses just run out.

I have 2100 play hours.  I am just about done. 

Ylands_181106_221316.png

Ylands_181106_195052.png

Ylands_181106_200534.png

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

server logs.  And i would also like to note that the gamesave increased from 10 mb to 12 mb in the hour that just @MyPa553ng3r_P1 were playing.  We were solely on spawn, no other players.  Just bopping around the island to see what had gone on during the day.

Yesterday my initial upload was less than 7 mb.  Now it's 12 and laggy.  And broken.  In 24 hours.

log.txt

log_clean.txt

its  so frustrating when you try to start a community based  game ..and within  one day its  unplayable ..and new players   give up .... never to return.

Yes -  optimization ins on its  way ...and so are other things,  but its  getting to the  stage  where  we  opt  to play  another game  ...and  come back  after  the  official release... to see if  anything has  changed.

:|

wondering if........   when the water   left,...it  went   clockwise or  anti clockwise?O.o

I messed up the water in mine loads of times by digging etc. The best way I found to fix it was to spawn in the terrain manipulator and add water till it's matching at the surface again, it fills much faster than expected though so be careful.

Not exactly what anyone wants to do but until there's a fix etc it's a method to deal with it and it worked perfectly on the messes I managed to make which were... substantial