RedEagle_P1.

Petition to re-add first person view

Question

The recent Dev diary by ales let us know that they're removing the first person view from ylands. For me and a lot of other people who play this game first person view is the only view which we use. I find it essential to mining building and constructing and I love the close-up feel. If you'd like to have first person view be a long-term proposition please upvote this suggestion (see above). 

UPDATE: They have re-added a basic first-person view: 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Upvote 8

36 replies to this bug / suggestion

After playing with 0.11 a bit I really feel like we need first person view back soon. There's still a lot of stuff for which you need first person even when you're not in doors right now. 

Yeah, this can't wait until the next update. We need a hotfix soon, so much of what we do in the game is now unplayable without first person.

• Like 2

Count me in. I didn't buy this game to have my favorite mode of view removed.

Basically there's no reason for me to play it without that mode. 

For all 3rd person addicts: How would you feel if somebody came in and spray-painted your "front" car window black? See how fun it would be to drive your car from a roof-mounted camera.

Edited by Jeff Vaughn

As we all know, the game was released in beta, with the targeting system broke. The closest the targeting system came to working accurately was in 1st person view. Now, they have removed 1st person view, breaking the targeting system even more. Now with the 3rd person view, they say be patient we are going to implement a upgraded 3rd person view. 

My question is why would you purposefully breaks the game?
I think the petition should be to have, whomever is running the show, to step down. Maybe they can sweep the parking lot or something, cause they are clearly failing at their job ATM.

Who puts out a game, then makes it so the players won't play it.
You know the player base numbers have fallen off lately.

Edited by Knoble
misspelled a word

Hi am new to this game and i think that having a first person view will be awesome for building, underwater exploring and look at the map in general. 

I remember Ales said that when we were building we would be able to see through our characters head for fine placement.  Which is sort of true.  But I find being in small spaces, where I do most fine placement, the avatar bounces and jitters.  The view is not at all useful.  I find myself wondering if the devs ever actually play the game. 

Ylands_181216_170908.png

should be you have option of first or third with normal viewing, not that only first person when building which frustrating when your wanting look at something in small space

I do want the first person camera back, but I gave up on hoping it will be brought back. 

I think that, by now, the only chance we still have is to ask the devs to give us the option to play the latest version before the first person camera was removed. That could be easily done in the Betas option of the Steam app. That way, they could still keep the first-person-camera lovers engaged until the main version brings it back.

you do have access to it.  It is unsupported aka don't complain if it doesn't work like you want.  /fpscam enable I think is the command.  there might not be a space

• Thanks 1