Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #52

Hey there, fellow ylanders.

I bring good news - the waiting for Update 0.11 is pretty much over and we believe that this will be the last Dev Diary before it’s released. We are now fully committed to doing the last few tests and wrapping up everything so today’s diary will be rather short.

Let's summarize the main features of Peak Performance:

• Large performance improvements, especially in scenes with many objects
  • Combat 2.0 - new combat engine where you can not only combo light attacks and heavy attacks (different for each weapon type) together but can also dodge and parry attacks
  • Building 2.0 - improved object placement and snapping allow for a more streamlined, easier and better building experience
  • Vicinity looting - a fast and intuitive way of picking/dropping items around you
  • Improved character faces
  • Improved digging
  • Quick and intuitive way of accessing Workshop Compositions directly from the Editor
  • Numerous Visual Scripting improvements
  • Two new pets
  • You can now colorize vegetation
  • You get to see nearby ylands on your compass
  • There is a new notification system in place
  • New loading screens
  • New and improved music tracks
  • Water rendering improvements
  • Shadow rendering improvements
  • Direct / indirect light model improvements

Ylands_new combat 2.jpg
Mastering the art of blocking and dodging has been proven to have a positive impact on life expectancy ;)

At the same time we have disabled the water simulation and first person camera mode temporarily (see previous Dev Diaries for further explanation) but they will return eventually. We’ve made a lot of changes in 0.11 to make sure that in many situations switching to first person camera is no longer necessary and further improvements are planned so that the 3rd person camera view works better in tight spaces. Please note that the current first person camera will soon become available as an experimental, unsupported feature accessible via console command.

There’s actually much more in 0.11 - there’s around 300 fixes and improvements (and those are only the issues that players might be interested in knowing / which are not too technical - in fact the number of all fixes and improvements in 0.11 is close to 1500). We are super excited about this update since it is the biggest one we've ever released, choke full of goodies and you are going to be able to play with ALL of them very very soon!

That’s it for today. Have a great week, ylanders, and as always - stay classy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Vicinity is will soon be here! The feature nobody talks about and I still consider a major game improvement. Also, two new pets? Maybe I will finally use my coyns, they are getting tired of sitting on the same spot since I've got them. And I can't wait what will P1 and others do with paintable trees and bushes. We want to see some fantasy forests! :P

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Downvote 1

Very nice, can't wait.  The first few items on that list have me really excited for this update.

and...

He likes painting the vegetation so much, he listed it twice.  :D

• Haha 1

i'm excited, but afraid of not having first person view. Its my way of building that will suffer from that. But i have such a hard time making friends love this game. I think this update will convince them.

I think having the sun move so fast, makes shadows heavly demanding in processing. Days could be longer and nights a bit shorter. Oh! and the best thing to update would be the mapping, we use to be able to see ressources on the reveilled parts of a map. And no updates are possible, it would be awesome to see when ressources are still available or not on a map. But the best thing would be to see structures.. this is not a rant, just some gameplay feed back, i LOVE this game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MarkZeroG said:

we use to be able to see ressources on the reveilled parts of a map

I'd like to see this return as well, it was really helpful.

I can't wait to see what all you have added, and check out the 2 new Pets. Bug Fixes of upwards new 1500 sounds AWESOME! Thank you Devs for the hard work. I do hope that 1st Person makes a quick return though.

i hope the  sleep synchronization gets  fixed ...with  3 or  more  players  online  in MP  its not working properly....l  takes all night to get everyone to  sleep :P

Currently,  there's issues with   logging n ...   freeze at  log in screen.... no hamster wheel and i sit there for eternity.  Guess  i  should   spend  my time  playing another  game until  0.11 arrives as its  so frustrating. 

3 hours ago, MarkZeroG said:

...Oh! and the best thing to update would be the mapping, we use to be able to see ressources on the reveilled parts of a map. And no updates are possible, it would be awesome to see when ressources are still available or not on a map. But the best thing would be to see structures.. this is not a rant, just some gameplay feed back, i LOVE this game.

I think both of those would be better served by the (suggested) feature of being able to make notes on maps.  Here's hoping we'll get to see that eventually.

LMAO! You take out 1st person view, and your targeting system is still broken!
Stop patting your self on the back, and fix the biggest problem in the game. You don't always hit what you are aiming at. Just removed half a wall to get the three blocks i wanted to remove. 
SMH! and logged out!
FAIL!

Edited by Knoble
Missed a piece!

All the same, it was necessary to leave a first-person view. Just then release the patch. One of the first. Because the targets are still broken and uncomfortable to play

Edited by RakChikibryak