Ane

0.11: Peak Performance (19/11/2018)

24 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Grouping is needed. But for me, so is size.  Both in editor and ingame. It used to be in editor. It has not been in the game.

We are working on putting the block dimensions into hints, that should appear also in the Editor, so that the S,M,L,XL shouldn't be necessary anymore. We're aiming to have it done by the 0.12 update. The letters disappeared from the Editor in 0.10 with the Editor UI overhaul, and unfortunately the work on better labeling of building blocks got postponed. The current state is far from ideal, but it will get better. We agree that this is crucial.

We will always encourage you to tell us what you think, no matter if good or bad. And we really appreciate every comment you share with us, we really do. After all, we know you guys only want the best for the game, and so do we, so even if there are rough times, know that we always do things with the intention of improving the game. You might not agree with some things, but our intentions are always the best. And well, if something doesn't work, there's always time to reflect on it, work on it, and improve it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Indian Chief said:

Kiln etc I still can't get to change colour, it's still T and G?

You Probably know this, but others might not. If you are trying to paint white, you have to prime with another color first. Unless this has been fixed in the update. Most wood blocks are this way and so are clay items. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

And so Devs will fix all the new problems in 3-4 months ? It's difficult to play now ... :( 

I just alt+tabed to say that I love the new Gold Rush map! It's really detailed, not just the town, but I was amazed by the workshops on the water, really nice job. It overall seems like a fun game to play but it would need at least five people there online at the same time :/ If anybody's planning any Gold Rush party, let me know! 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I've only been playing in Explore so far, but I do look forward to playing in the Editor and using the new Logic Labels.  I guess someone saw my code, with all the arrays containing logics, and decided there was a better way to do that.  Very much appreciated.

edit:  Hmmm...  Can labels be attached to other labels?  That could cause really bad recursion if possible to do and used recklessly.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I've only been playing in Explore so far, but I do look forward to playing in the Editor and using the new Logic Labels.  I guess someone saw my code, with all the arrays containing logics, and decided there was a better way to do that.  Very much appreciated.

edit:  Hmmm...  Can labels be attached to other labels?  That could cause really bad recursion if possible to do and used recklessly.

To answer my own question, it seems a Logic Label can currently be added to itself.  No idea yet what actual effects that would have on code.

Also, in Explore, the wide range of effect from the power attack can be used to cut down multiple trees at once if they're close together.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Indomitus said:

Can labels be attached to other labels?  That could cause really bad recursion if possible to do and used recklessly.

There is no instruction which goes through labels recursively so there should be no problem in general with it.

8 hours ago, Houp said:

There is no instruction which goes through labels recursively so there should be no problem in general with it.

If the label is referenced within its own list (which is currently possible) then an inexperienced creator could easily build into such a situation.  It might be enough to disallow selecting a label into its own list.

1. Combat is looking Awesome!, and heading in the right direction.

2. FPS rates are WAY better, even in our Multiplayer Server. I can run around on my Ship now without falling off, extra Kudos for that!

3. Building 2.0 is great, could be better with 1st Person.

*    Having said that, 1st Person, I feel, is a necessity. Please, add it back ASAP.

4. The Localized Inventory area is a great idea, however it needs to be a bigger area and have a 'Take All' feature. Logs falling into the ground are a problem, please fix this ASAP.

5. Demolishing Hammer doesn't seem to work right in my PB area, as it breaks the items (ie. hitting a Kiln takes multiple hits, and will only return 3 Clay).

6. Official Multiplayer Explore Servers need to make a hasty return PLEASE!!!

7. Awesome job with the Gold Rush game, and being able to handle 16 players at 1 time! AMAZING!!!

8. The updated Compass showing Ylands is handy when sailing at night, or finding that 1 remaining aloof Yland.

9. Avatar faces and new Pets look great!

That's all I have for now. Thank you Devs for all the hard work!

• Like 2

My server is sitting at 27.22 mb.  Before the update, it would be unplayable at this size.  It is still going, with the occasional glitch, but so far I can live with it.  Excellent news.

• Downvote 1

maybe there should be a sticky for gold rush parties, instead of being buried in a large topic... :P

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

maybe there should be a sticky for gold rush parties, instead of being buried in a large topic... :P

I've created this topic for people who wanna play Gold Rush with others :)

• Thanks 3

On 11/21/2018 at 6:32 AM, bb cakes_P1 said:

You Probably know this, but others might not. If you are trying to paint white, you have to prime with another color first. Unless this has been fixed in the update. Most wood blocks are this way and so are clay items. 

If you change one of the colors from 255 to 254 and save it, then you don't have to waste another color first, the white will work.

• Upvote 2

Update: 28/11/2018

Version: 0.11.1.61242

THE_LINE.png

HIGHLIGHTS

• New music - many music tracks have been improved, some new added.
  • Added option to rent official server slots (more details will be provided in the upcoming Dev Diary). You can read the FAQ here: https://ylands.com/community/topic/22828-dedicated-servers-faq/
  • Based on players' feedback, there was also new additional object control added to the building system. You can now offset the object from the cursor in the horizontal plane with RMB + WSAD. This ignores terrain and other objects to allow precise placement in places hard to reach beforehand.
  • Players can now switch to first person camera and back by using the console command "/fpscam enable" and "/fpscam disable" (without quotes). Please note that at this moment we consider the first person camera to be an unsupported feature. It doesn't work properly in many situations. Eventually it will be replaced by a reworked system.

Known issue: first person camera can't be enabled / disabled when already in building mode (but you can build while it's active). Please make sure building mode isn't active (select hand in hotbar etc.) when enabling / disabling the camera.

THE_LINE.png

NEW / IMPROVEMENTS

• Added new codex page "Building", showing how the new building controls work
  • [YLD-13418] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable Unstuck and Freecamera commands via VS
  • [YLD-13417] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable nametags via VS
  • [YLD-13419] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable the trading feature via VS

THE_LINE.png

FIXES

• [YLD-13491] [Building] When using the axis movement while in the middle of automatic placing, the block appears in front of you
  • [YLD-13462] [Building] Players are not able to move the block along axes once they are in the automatic placing
  • [YLD-13408] [Building] Blocks are placed on the wrong grid when near vehicles
  • [YLD-13399] [Building] Items placed in freeplacing mode will get stuck exactly where you placed them, within a bounding box of a vehicle
  • [YLD-13416] [Editor] Copying entities with script can delete the script
  • [Editor] Disable interaction does not work with lootable entities
  • [YLD-13477] [Visual Scripting] Script issue when on different language settings
  • [YLD-13398] [Forum] Game editmode, Can't delete or step back
  • [YLD-13455] [Dedicated servers] Player is not able to control cannons on dedicated servers
  • [YLD-13427] [Sound] Explosive sounds are too loud
  • [YLD-13426] [Sound] Box opening is too loud
  • [YLD-13328] Combat music is not playing correctly
  • [YLD-13344] Logs fall way to deep into the ground when you cut down the tree
  • [YLD-13441] Block movement interferes with the placement of blocks while stacking
  • [YLD-13252] Catapult has broken colliders
  • [YLD-13405] Invincibility indication does not show on clients
  • [YLD-13397] NPC dialogue will not pop out after non-host player exits the game by alt+F4
  • [YLD-13382] Chaining attacks while walking forward is inconsistent between weapons

Fixed wrong rotation on the following items:

• Frag grenade
  • Potato grenade
  • Improvised grenade
  • Dynamite
  • Dynamite bundle
  • Bomb

Fixed wrong scale on the following items:

• Rusty gear
  • Piece of chain
  • Diamond
  • Horseshoe
  • Piece of chalk
  • Feather
  • Old coin
  • Rusty key
  • Blank keys

THE_LINE.png

Gold Rush updates (1.1)

• Increased container gold/valuables yield
  • Increased gold yield from dead players
  • Lowered gold drop on hit
  • Increased gold speed penalty
  • Overall weapon damage increase to compete with armor resistances
  • Updated in-game tutorial
  • Improved UI notifications
  • Increased UI font
  • Disabled Unstuck and Freecamera commands
  • Disabled trading
  • Various graphical glitches and map improvements

• Thanks 8

27 minutes ago, Ane said:
  • Players can now switch to first person camera and back by using the console command "/fpscam enable" and "/fpscam disable" (without quotes). Please note that at this moment we consider the first person camera to be an unsupported feature. It doesn't work properly in many situations. Eventually it will be replaced by a reworked system.

Seems like there's an issue with the command that enables the first person camera not working in some cases. We'll be releasing a hotfix fixing this shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Version: 0.11.1.61282

• Fixed experimental first person camera console command not working under some circumstances
  • Fixed building blocks rotating uncontrollably when being placed under some circumstances
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ane said:
  • [YLD-13418] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable Unstuck and Freecamera commands via VS
  • [YLD-13417] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable nametags via VS
  • [YLD-13419] [Visual Scripting] Players can now enable/disable the trading feature via VS

Found the command to Enable/disable trading, as well as speed bonus and a few other interesting ones.  Can anyone point to where the others are located?  I have a scenario where both would be useful. 

Thank you @Houp.  They way it was stated, I expected VS commands.

I think it would be a good idea (but not urgent) to make Enable/Disable Nametags available in the VS eventually.  There are certainly situations where having visible nametags in the staging area (such as in Gold Rush) would be good for meeting other players, but then we would want to turn them off for the competition itself.