bojo2736

Ice Blocks

Question

Ice blocks used to be clear and shiny.  I used them a lot to create lovely ambient lighting.  Now they are opaque, and they don't allow the light to glow through them as other blocks do.  There are very few ways to build with light in this game.  You took away one of the main ones for me. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

This happened as a result of the new rendering optimizations - all objects had to be reexported and not all of them stayed the same. Those will be fixed. We are trying to compile a list here:

As a follow up question. Is there a way that I don't know to change the bright or dim on the lanterns and crystals?

I have only been able to manipulate this using other materials.

Example, painting a lantern white increases its brightness.

Embedding light sources inside of blocks of other material can be used to create dimmer ir brighter results. 

Brightest is multiple ylandium crystals in marble are super bright.

Glow mushrooms in furniture items can make a very soft glow.

@Adam Snellgrove Ice blocks are still opaque. And the small glowing mushrooms don't seem to exist anymore. All of our in game options for subtle lighting effects have been removed over time.  Ane seemed to say they would be restored at some point. Can you get these on the list of fix/return features that will be addressed at some point in the future?

@TomasGestinger @Adam Snellgrove can we get a definitive answer on the ice blocks.  We have so few lighting option, ant two of my favorites have been taken away.  The othe being the glow mushrooms. 

Current state of the game allows for no subtle ambient lighting.  I use light as a design element. Or I would if I had it. 

• Upvote 1