Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

RESOLVED [YLD-13476] building a ship ..panels and blocks will not align correctly

Question

First of all ...i am building the  ship  offshore, in deep water and well away from any  land  built  structure.

I am trying to build a deck  attached to the front of the ship ..but  the panels ..blocks     etc  will NOT align ...one or  two place correctly then others  will not align with them with the "not  enough space"  message  or  with an unsightly  gap.

The ship is anchored   and has   NOT been moved  once the keel  has been placed

I have   deconstructed the  entire  ship   three times,  and  tried an different  angle to  the  shoreline.... ( the  ship is  in deep water  well away form the shore ..or other  structures

But  still the same issue....... I tried to place 4  panels  horizontally    together    3  align,  one will not ..see the  screenshot.

When i placed the masts  on the ship    ..two either  side of the  keel on a platform.....  they would not  align parallel to the  keel  center line, and   again slightly  offset    from the others  placed  on the other side of the keel.

Its  impossible   to place    panels  and  decking  symmetrically on the  keel ... the end results  look  like a  Salvador Dali painting!...

logs  and  screen shots  attached

( deep sigh....) o.O

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20181124155952_1.jpg

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I had the exact same problem, i tried realy hard but gave up after some time, then the next day it just worked, not perfect but i could get the pieces to fit

The ship keeps moving, even though it's anchored.  I had a lantern that I had placed on my dock, but the game thought it was part of the boat (ship grid vs world grid problem).  As I was adding parts to my ship, I noticed the lantern had moved a few meters along the dock.  And when placing a couple of parts, I noticed the ship buck a little bit in response.

This is actually the exact reason why I completed my ship in the Editor.

Edited by Indomitus

It also seems we can no longer place items on the upperdeck boat.  We used to be able to place baskets for storage.  

We are looking into it, but in the meanwhile, can you try rotating the block a few times? After a few spins near the place you want it to align to it should snap to the blocks again.

Now that there is a better control over building via rmb + WSADQZ, are you still having this issue?