kimbuck

DEV ANSWER blocks/ panels on a ship refuse to align properly

Question

Its   near impossible to build a  ship in  MP .

The  blocks  reuse to align  ..and the result is  the "not enough space" message or the  blocks just  will not link .

It looks like the  ship grid is   different  size to the  blocks.

Maybe its  time for a serious  rethink  and rebuild of the basic  buggy  ships  hull.

screenshots  of  my frustration   attached

o.O

20181128155650_1.jpg

20181128155738_1.jpg

20181128155627_1.jpg

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 23/11/2018 at 1:08 PM, equieri said:

Also we're trying to address the ship issue which i agree is unfortunate consequence of our desire to capitalise on the ability to hover with the block in free space and place it into difficult positions without the need to aim at an existing block on the ship.

The ship grid and alignment issues is what I assume Equieri was on about in the other thread.

Each block seems to make it rock slightly which can mess up the placement of the next even with the snap, and the block placement trying to choose between work grid and ship grid as you place I think just adds to that, our ship got stuck in snow and we couldn't move away because of a fire that was on the ship, it's only because I remember the bug from before I realised and broke the fires till we could move.

The other day I added a block and the ship rocked almost to its side, though the amusing side to that was the pure panic of the other player standing on the ship at the time xD 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

bummer, that looks very frustrating :( . This issue should be fixed in 0.11.1 along with the blocks unconnected to the ship sailing away with it after being built in close proximity though. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the feedback :ph34r:.