Antimidation

Difficulty with free placement

Question

The free placement tool is a great tool to create the details of your buildings, what I like to do is place building materials in semi-organized piles around the structure i'm working on to make it look like a real work place, these objects are not perfectly aligned, they are leaning on things and stacked off line on purpose. I also like to lean work tools against rocks, walls, and general work space as to make it look lived in and immersive. The problem is, when i place things onto floors or sometimes the ground, the item will fall several blocks into the ground. For example; The wooden spear I had was going to lean against a wooden beam so I had to tilt it a little to make it look like it was naturally placed there but it keeps falling into the floor half way. Usually all it takes to place something flush with the floor is for the object to barely overlap, now it just falls through half way. Is there anyway to fix this?

Edited by Antimidation

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

The thing with the item falling into the floor, is it happening only with the spear?

1 hour ago, Ane said:

The thing with the item falling into the floor, is it happening only with the spear?

No, it happens with quite a few other objects, including other tools and large wooden beams. I haven't tried it with anything else yet.

32 minutes ago, bumaks said:

Yes, there was such a problem. Now everything has become much better!

That's strange, considering i posted after the last update. It's still happening. 

It seems like there is some problem with the spear and some other weapons behaving strangely while freeplacing. We're looking into it.