Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Typical new arrival behavior

I make it a practice of visiting   spawn island  to  clean up the rubbish left by "once-lers" and to replace items  pillaged  by others.

I get  to see typical behavior...   

Firstly there are the ones  who have  read about the P1 servers   here and  come in to  enjoy the  community ..   they are excited to be greeted, and often say " this is the first time i have met  friendly people on a server ..."  ¬¬

Then there are the  ones  who arrive...run around and "punch"  everyone and  everything.... try to enter   every  building and "punch " the doors   if they are locked. They  will pick up and remove plants from gardens ...  and  when you ask if they  need help ... they run off  and either  hide in the   forest ..or    sit  in someone  doorway and  go  offline.

Then there are the  types  who   go to the help stations and take  EVERYTHING from the  help chests ..(eg   8 shovels    8 sades   8 axes   8   hammers   8 bedrolls   etc.. and when   all gone   they then   go offline  somewhere .never to return.

Of  course   you  will get  some with offensive  names ... they arrive and never move  from the  spawn point,   their   intention is to be a "crude or  offensive  advertisement"

Now ..if  the  devs  could  come  up with  some   sort of  "admin"  power  that could be  deputized by the grid owner to certain players,   then  these offline  for  days trolls/etc. could be    removed without  having to take the  entire  server  offline .:)

But   at least we do get some  good  people who come and  stay!   So drop into P1  pve ..look around ... ignore the   corpses and  rubbish and   join us on discord so we can  give  you instructions/directions  to  find a   lace to  create and    become part of a healthy  community. 

There are notices   around   spawn  landing point  to   help.

Seeya  there:D.

• Like 1

They are funny sometimes. I have banned a person though, because the name crossed the line to hate speech.

Some names are clever and funny, but  yes, its the hate speech  ones  and also the  historically  offensive ones that  need to be  culled. Also the ones that copy-cat  a famous   identity.B|

I  logged in to hear some  fighting outside my  door ...     some   guy had been trying to  knock  my door in...  an  useless attempt as the house was  under  PB! .. then then another   Kid-iot  ran at me and  tried to  kill me .. and was surprised  hsi  punches had no  effect. I told  him   combat doesn't work  on a pve server..   and  he  used  the  B... f.. words at me and ran off.

poor  vMax...      he ran into the center of the   island and i  decided to  follow to see what  mischief  he  could get up yo ... but lost  sight of him....  i could hear a   wolf  baying   and headed towards it   ..  and   alas...

poor  vMax  ...was now in peaceful repose,  resting in  a pile of  his  stolen  goodies  with a  wolf  sitting on top of his  corpse.  :(

What  i find amazing is ... the   server is  advertised as  non-combat and   pve friendly...and there are signs  all around  spawn advising   it ... you cannot  miss them ...  yet these  kid-iots  act like they  didn't  know,,

There are non so  blind as those who choose not to see....  B|

Decided on  some  fun ...i  put a doorway and  a  locked door  in a  cliff  face  just inside  my  barrier...and so far  in  2  days  have had  2  visitors  try  to  dig     behind   the  door...outside the barrier... to  access any  tunnel or   room underground.

Of  course   there  is  nothing behind the door  :P

.....................................runs  away  giggling    ..:D

On 12/3/2018 at 2:22 AM, kimbuck said:

the   server is  advertised as  non-combat and   pve friendly...and there are signs  all around  spawn advising   it ... you cannot  miss them

Certain kinds of people take that as a challenge.

Is it  school holiday  time? getting  waves of  new arrivals ...usually in pairs  who  run around  and   jump and  circle  you  then look in every container... steal plants ..  then try to  steal  any  ship ..   and when they find  things are locked ... they then  look for a doorway  or  passageway ...sit   down  to block it and log out ...

I now have signs warning theses  immature visitors  that  if they have  not moved  after 24  hours ..( when  server  maintenance is  due) .. they will  simply be removed  from the game.

So  they  are not  griefing or  causing anyone   any inconvenience ... just to themselves should they try to come back and  find they are excluded from the server.

:P

Technically not excluded from the server, I don't ban on this behavior.  It takes a more active trolling.

Christmas break is coming soon, make sure you lock up your valuables and unmentionables!

For a giggles i made a "devil ship' that will behave   un-predictably  when   attempts  are made to  sail it ..or board it ----- It was placed  near my docks  just outside  my protection  barrier, and in   a   considerably  safe place. 

I returned today to check things  out and   lo and  behold .. the ship was gone ... ie   "borrowed" .. despite the   signage warning  against   stealing.:D

A quick  search of the   island  found the  ship...stranded between  two shoals  where it got stuck and  the "borrowers" couldn't  work out the controls  to  move it  ..so they abandoned it :P

i  wish i could  have  been on line to see them  take it, as this  ship has a "tendency" to travel in conflicting   circles  against the  helm  instructions :D

I also  have the  idea  of    trying some  scripting... where  if you  take the ship without  disabling a  hidden  switch,  a   powder keg  detonates  under the helmO.o ..ooh  but then   the  thieves would  accuse me of griefing!

Anyway,  if you going  to visit  my   bases,   behave and  do not   abuse the  hospitality ... that  room you try to break into  or object  you take    might  be  your  undoing  B|