Question

Hey there guys!

This is my first attempt at feedback so please indulge me! ?

So after the last performance update I've been very impressed. Whilst I too would like to see the return of 1st person in one form or another, I understand the reasoning for removing it. It does however raise new problems.

In my builds I love putting items of shelfs. Books, lanterns, gold pouches etc. The new free place controls are great for this! I can place these items of shelves with total control!

I do believe however that this has caused a rather annoying bug to manifest. I've noticed that on occasion when I have placed an item on a shelf, it no longer becomes accessible.

for example, I would place a pouch filled with gold on the middle shelf of a cabinet. Soon after, I can no longer highlight the pouch to open it. Maybe this is because I cannot lock onto it from 3rd person? I don't know for sure.

another great feature is the ability to pickup localised objects from the inventory screen! It makes for gathering wood logs less of a chore. However this also does not seem to locate my gold pouch in the shelf which seems to indicate that my gold bag is irretrievable.

I have also seen this problem manifest in generated structures such as the ruined Churches. Books located on some of the shelves are also irretrievable.

Thanks for your time guys! If anyone else has had this issue, your combined voice would be great.

Rob

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Rob! Thanks a lot for your feedback, hope you get to do it more often! :)

Seems like you're having the same issue as bumaks here (scroll down for the shelves part):

We're looking into it, but we're having trouble reproducing the issue. Could you send us the scenario where you're having difficulties?

Yes I believe it is exactly the same issue.

A good place to look at for issue reproduction would be on the generated structures which feature books on the shelves. You'll notice that the books stored within the shelves cannot be looted.

Hope this helps!

Hey Guys,

I've been exploring and testing this issue over the last few weeks and I think I have an idea of what's causing this particular bug.

Using a Cabinet/Shelf as an example because it is relatively oblong in dimensions.

iIf I were to free-place an item on a shelf I would not be able to access it or even retrieve it without deconstructing the shelf itself.

I believe this is because I have placed the object within the rectangular space occupied by the cabinet itself. This also answers why I cannot retrieve it as loot via  the inventory panel.

If anyone has found further discoveries on this issue let me know.

Thanks!