Vaermi

RESOLVED Ylands_setup.exe Error

Question

Download the Launcher from https://ylands.com/ 3 Times. Every Time the same....

1. Downloading/patching Files

2. Log In

3. Launcher begins to load and downloading Files

4. Launcher Error (Screenshot Ylands Error 1)

5. Search for Problems in Web --> Login again

6. Screenshot Ylands Error

7. Error Message that says i don´t play with Launcher ?????

This Problem is since the last update. 

I read in other Forum that the Launcher Version on Homepage is the old one and it automaticaly loads the new Version when i start the Launcher. 

I saw, that the Launcher starts "Download new Launcher" and crashes before it ends. What can i do?

Error Information:

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    YlandsLauncher.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    0.0.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    57ab247a
  Fehlermodulname:    Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
  Fehlermodulversion:    5.7.0.0
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    575df7aa
  Ausnahmecode:    80000003
  Ausnahmeoffset:    0000000000d8b1d9
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Gebietsschema-ID:    3079
  Zusatzinformation 1:    da26
  Zusatzinformation 2:    da269dd9d61a636254c6a89d9d61c3cf
  Zusatzinformation 3:    f709
  Zusatzinformation 4:    f7095fdb6ff2c20728bc8a9063205c47

EDIT: I solve this problem by myself. Have found the old Ylands_setup.exe from Purchase and this Launcher will updating to the New Launcher. There must be some Problems with our setup.exe on Homepage!

Ylands Error 1.png

Ylands Error.jpg

40 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad you managed to fix it on your own, nevertheless we'll take a look and see where the issue lies. 

Enjoy the game, Herr Vaermi! :) 
And don't hesitate to let us know in case you encounter any other issue. 

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem except that i haven't an older setup to try because i purchased it today.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Ane said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad you managed to fix it on your own, nevertheless we'll take a look and see where the issue lies. 

Enjoy the game, Herr Vaermi! :) 
And don't hesitate to let us know in case you encounter any other issue. 

looks like i´m right that our setup.exe had some problems ;)

just 4 info: my setup.exe is from  18. April 2016

Alright guys, we are looking into it right now, we'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Thank you!

Okay, so please download the new setup we just put there and reinstall the game, that should fix the issue. If not, please let us know!

Hey guys, I'm the programmer who takes care of our launcher. As Ane already said, there is a new setup available for download at our website, we're also preparing some stuff for you guys to be able only to reinstall launcher (and not the whole game, which as of now also deletes quite large game files).

Also, if you have any troubles with the Launcher, you'll help us greatly if you attach YlandsLauncher.log and YlandsLauncher-previous.log files found in C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\YlandsLauncher here. Thanks!

Thanks for the logs! Do you get the same error as Vaermi? Qt5WebEngineCore.dll, Appcrash, etc.?

Could you please run dxdiag (Windows Key + R, type dxdiag, click OK), click on Save All Information and attach the output file here? Sorry for the troubles. :(

Also, this might be a stupid question - but did you try to restart your PC? :)

Thanks for the file!

If restart doesn't do the magic, you might want to try to run the game as admin (right click on the shortcut, Run as administrator). The game doesn't need admin rights, but it could help.

I tried both also run in compatibility mode and installing on an other drive.

If neither of these help, you might want to white-list the Ylands/Launcher folder in your antivirus software, we have seen some reports of AVs falsely reporting some Qt5 dlls as positives.

If not even that helps - Can you think of any unusual configuration you might have?

Could the installer file be corrupt? Can try downloading it again?

Do you have access to a different computer? Try downloading from there and try to install on that machine - at least see if the launcher starts up. If that works, put that copy on a USB stick and take to your machine.

Also, is it possible that you have Xampp and/or Windows 10 SDK Debugger installed? These two might interfere with our OpenSSL binaries.

47 minutes ago, Berzeger said:

Also, is it possible that you have Xampp and/or Windows 10 SDK Debugger installed? These two might interfere with our OpenSSL binaries.

No, none of them i'll try it later with installation files from a friend.

I tried a few other things but nothing works.

I am very sorry for the problems you are having. Right now I'm preparing a build that will tell us more about where the problem might lie. I have so far been unable to reproduce it on 4 differents PCs, so hopefully this new version will help us find the issue. I will let you guys know when it's ready to download.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for my late reply.

With the installation files from my friend i have the same problem when i start the launcher nothing happens.

I have created a new build of the setup and uploaded it to my FTP (before it appears on the main website), you can download it here: http://dev.vondrasek.net/ylands/Ylands_setup.exe

I made some minor changes and also increased the number of debug logs. If it still doesn't launch, please send us the log files again, hopefully they will tell us more now.

Thank you for your patience!