Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Moving Trigger Zones?

Hi

Im trying to make a "spell" which casts 3 explosions consecutively in a straight line and plan on using a trigger zone where when a unit touches the zone they take damage.  However I cannot "move" game logics. Anyone known an alternate solution?

I made a custom trigger zones that can be moved but I think they are very recourse intensive on the computer, how are you casting the spells ?

Just using a simple drop item listen.

Edit: Just did some brainstorming...

I'm guessing the only way is to create a "large" zone and add every damn entity to it, and then "IF" distance between each entity and the spell less than "X", they take damage. I agree that it would be very recourse intensive....

Edited by Igor Quintero

I made a similar system for the missile tank with the old logic.

I made a zone of activation throughout the area, I'm doing some tests of how it could be done, with a single zone of activation that recognizes the type of object.

a small example

the logic of the right the important thing is the rotation the rest is merely visual

20181206135826_1.thumb.jpg.443eb89282fb5272feb66ca045c8b3a7.jpg

20181206135848_1.thumb.jpg.b24cd5da2785449cbed7706e77367a62.jpg

it occurs to me that if, for example, it detects the color, it could apply different spells depending on the color of the object it throws.^_^

• Upvote 1

You would have to add all the players to an array and all the spells to another array and then check the distance between the spells and players in a time trigger iv done this before so if you want help let me know

12 minutes ago, Oliver Hope_P1 said:

You would have to add all the players to an array and all the spells to another array and then check the distance between the spells and players in a time trigger iv done this before so if you want help let me know

I mean yeah, I could do that. But it's only useful in pure pvp games. What if I want it to damage everything such as terrain, mobs, plants, etc?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Igor Quintero said:

I mean yeah, I could do that. But it's only useful in pure pvp games. What if I want it to damage everything such as terrain, mobs, plants, etc?

:S Looks like your going to have to wait for ylands editor to improve

I've got a somewhat working missile system now. However I can't seem to make the system trigger upon firing which kinda sucks.

• Like 1

@Igor Quintero That spell is very powerful, xD, I want to see if someone is able to escape from that.

If the same thing happened to me yesterday when I was testing, I did not detect the projectiles either

@Spyler.X

I could turn it into a real heat seeker without the 100% auto target if only the listen event for firing a weapon worked :(

18 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@Spyler.X

I could turn it into a real heat seeker without the 100% auto target if only the listen event for firing a weapon worked :(

often when detecting players dropping an item i despawn the item and give them a new one. it makes it nice and clean:P

2 hours ago, Oliver Hope_P1 said:

often when detecting players dropping an item i despawn the item and give them a new one. it makes it nice and clean:P

You'd kinda want a heat seeking missle to work in 3D...