Sign in to follow this  
cybermeister

Problem with the Protective Barrier Generator not recognizing my character

Question

I had an single player Explorer game where I was doing extensive terrain modification of my home base inside the safety zone created by the Protective Barrier Generator.  I started getting failure errors on terrain modification so I decided to save and exit the game to see if the errors went away.  On reload of the game, I was back in my undies at my 1st game spawn spot.  On returning to my base my creator cube did not recognize me and would not let me modify terrain and such as if I was a different character.  I guess the game had a bug where it respawned and reidentified my character to the creator cube.  I have been saving games off to a different directory so I have a save game from 3 days before and a current save.  I overwrote the current save game with the previous one and sure enough the identification problem went away - but now of course I need to do a bunch of stuff over.  I have the two save game files stored off safely if you would like to see them I can send them.  Also I will look for a log file to see if it has anything interesting in it.  I love this game and hope to see this stuff cleared up at the release!

rte

Edited by cybermeister
invalid data

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yes!  Sorry!  I automagically said "Creator Cube" when I meant the personal force field generator thingie.  Sorry about that!

Is this your map? You can go on to editor. Remove your barrier and your avatar.

Edited by bb cakes_P1

bojo2736,

Thank You for responding so quickly!!!  I never thought of that and it should work fine!  I also posted this in case the developers recognize this bug and wanted my save game files.  I've saved those off to another directory just in case.

I am loving this game.  There are items in it that I have wanted for years - like keys, the barrier, and coop multiplayer.  We need more people to purchase this to support the developers.

If you are looking for friends to play with, search for P1 in the MP Lobby. We have a few servers going.