Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Please, do not change graphics. It's low poly, it's game style. New faces do not fit artistic style of the game. If you want these, make it an option.

Question

Could you, please, remove new faces?? They are horrible and ugly. Style of the game is low poly - please, be consequent, or at least let us choose. Additionally... all birds were removed from the game, I guess only temporally, because of too much bugs? Performance is better in my system, but... memory leak is still there... Hope to see game playable. Another thing: you are removing content update after update instead of adding something useful. Please, compare pre-Steam version and latest version of the game.... It's horrible... Why you are changing game mechanics, graphics, skins, but actual game still isn't there! There were at least mummies, abandoned houses with "treasures" in them, now we have stupid, invincible NPC's instead?? - useless, because game is empty why do I need trading? Sleeping in solo games is still broken... Please, do not treat multiplayer and exploration, solo games as the same. It's something completely different - should be. Also, FPP is also removed - I cannot collect many items from my chests anymore, because I cannot precisely look at something... And last... sad thing... I paid for the game year ago and there was only one important upgrade.... well... in fact skin change and performance fix - it's not update. I understand Ylands is still pre-alfa stage, but take a look at "Oxygen" development! You claimed that around 50 ppl are working on Ylands!!! Oxygen is made by few friends. 50 ppl?? Really? What they are doing? Constantly changing skins? Changing music (yes, it's very nice, but old one was very good too, please, add old music too!) isn't improving of the game! Yes, fighting mechanics is good change, but for now THERE IS NO GAME, it's still only demo. Whole year of work of 50 ppl and we lost all this content (I hope it will be back when you release modding tools as you promised): hunting (yes, dying animals animations were sad - but it was a good thing - you should feel bad, especially if you decided to make this game also for children. You removed gutting, but you can still kill animals... Where is logic???), at first Ylands was game for all people, now you decided to change game, so it's game only for children...(you sold me Ylands as exploring, open world, crafting, sandbox, survival, PVP or cooperative, solo or multiplayer game for adults - now, instead of letting people choose how they want to play Ylands, you are doing everything to remove "adult" content and make whole game brick building game for children with their parents), we also lost collecting items (bones, dinosaur skeletons), realistic animal life (animal were multiplying and hunting each other), many crafting items, tools and materials (why you removed primitive tools like paintbrush?? Why you removed drying rack (essential thing for explore/adventure/survival version)??, we lost ability to sleep as long as we like (ok, in multiplayer it was needed, but you ruined solo gameplay - please, let us choose in settings what type we prefer!!!!), we lost skeletons and so, we lost many tools, items, collectibles and weapons & armour made of bones (come on! It's low poly, cartoon style game!!! Even in LEGO games skeletons are present!), in early version we had tons of swords and armour we could craft, depending on our tools and preferences (samurair armour, katana), we lost also big islands (now we have around 6-8 islands max and biggest is usually 4 times smaller than islands from early versions of Ylands), we lost exploring pirate, black magic experience which made this game so immersive... Now islands are literally empty. Instead of adventure game we have another brick game!! You focused on multiplayer brick building, actual game is left alone. Do you remember how you were advertising Ylands??? The only hope is modding community or... if you start to think about all people who already bought your not existing game. I'm sorry, but it's not fair...

All the best... I hope you will make the game as you promised after all and it will be open world sandbox with unlimited modding abilities as you promised. I know - it's still pre-alfa and you can even stop working on Ylands at all, but there is no even similar game, you can make something truly great. Please, don't waste your work and our trust. For now I'm really disappointed. Have a Nice Day and Good Luck!

Bartosz

BTW. I really love the idea and whole game, but I'm so frustrated when I see lost opportunities. If I could help you, even for free, I could work for you as my half-time job. Just to help you make Ylands better. I wanted to make game very similar to yours years ago, but I cannot do it alone, so maybe I could help using my ideas that way? You have pro codders, very good artists of every kind, but maybe you need someone who would work for you daily testing game as a full time job, helping with algorithms, sketching whole trees of crafting, weaponry, tools and so on? I could help with ideas of using neural networks, simulating wild life or just making notes on big and small ideas, easy to implement to make game better? I'm an historian, sculptor, toy-maker, model maker and journalist... I could be useful. Why I'm writing this instead posting something day by day? Because I was doing it for very long time and no one was reading it... 

Edited by ComR
One more idea
  • Like 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I know. It's not even alfa yet, but it was much better year ago. Exactly year ago.

I have been playing for just over a year.  I bought it on the first day of steam release.  Nearly 2400 hours.  I disagree that it's worse.  It has some issues, but it is so much better than a year ago. 

But I do agree with you about the new faces and hairs.  They don't really fit the art style. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

I bought the game in the same day as you. Yes, some issues are fixed, but have you ever seen on Youtube Yland version before Steam release? It's sad, but it's completely different game now. I hope modding ability will let us make very nice things.

One thing though... Dear Devs. New faces are not only ugly, but do not fit artistic style of the game, please - fix it or let people choose. If you want to try different look add option for using shaders and then polygons will be softened and many people probably will like it, but some not... Let us choose. It's just one shader... Adding filter to the game is very simple, you can make this option within one day of work.

Regards

I have seen the changes as they happened.  The update on the faces and hair happened in the last update.   I had to change my avatar because I hated what mine defaulted to.

I suspect that the changes were made to make it more compatible/ comparable to the TenCent version.  I think that's why we got anime looking characters.

• Downvote 1

Imo they should allow us to keep all face variations, old and new. It won't kill them to store 1mb more of data in a game.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to write all problems with Ylands in one text, but, as you can see, devs still do not read what people are writing. I wanted to help - for free, but no one really read this... No birds anymore, blood/gore as DLC or 16+ gamers (why not, Total War is using it), buckets for transport/moving water as dirt/sand or snow. Why not? It would be great to move water at last. 

So, for now we have faster game, that cool, but artists are not sure what they are doing. If it's low poly game - please - reconsider your face changing or let it be an option... The faces just do not fit game esthetics.

You removed birds completely... I hope these will be back... It seems that animal breeding is not working anymore. We lost also most of the interesting places to find... You removed useless mpc's, I guess for now, but game have no idea what to do with empty places left by mpcs houses.

If you click inventory while changing boat direction, boat will stop turning. The only way is to save game and reload it.  

I'd be more than happy to have old Ylands back, even as DLC, even if I had to pay twice as many as I already paid for the game.

I wanted to write "almost complete compendium to Ylands", just to help devs with their problems, but it's hours to write. I don't want to do it just to leave it here...

Dear Devs, but not improving game, but selling it, and by not reading people problems, you loose potential customers. I see more and more people who do not want even to wait for Ylands anymore. Not because game is bad... but because Devs are not even reading and listening to problems... Solutions are really very easy. some examples:

1) Everyone hates newsleeping mechanics. If you let us choose when we can wake up, at least let us choose hour. So, use simple clock (So I could sleep during the day and wake up when I want). Also, for solo game, allow us to wake up just by clicking mouse button, as it was before. It was very nice feature.   You cannot understand that solo games and multiplayer games have to be different?? What's so strange about it?? First thing: in multi you cannot stop the time, so you have sleeping problem... You cannot do anything about it. I understand it. But solution is easy: OPTIONS and SETTINGS!!! Let us choose sleeping mode in settings of the game!

2) You want to make everyone happy... You cannot. Whatever you do - you loose some gamers. So, make some more game options. It's not any problem. You can always make new game mode: Solo Sandbox... Let us choose what we want. You can make this game great, just only by making it fully open world, fully customisable, sandbox, with all editors needed and modding possibilities, including changing graphics from low-poly to realistic, if someone wants it. Just make option in Graphics Menu - use filters and shaders... And let people choose. 

And now I want to sell you best idea for game like yours for free... Have you seen why people loved games like Sid Mayer's Pirates, Operation Flashpoint, Minecraft, GTA, Dwarf Fortress, Doom and hate Watchdogs or Total War series (thought they love the games)? Simply: people love to play, be creative. Whole idea of any game is to be fun and to be game! Not frustrating clicker, for example. Early games, as Doom, were great, because everyone could mod the game - nothing was hidden or coded. Open world games, editable games, games with all editing possibilities (yes, I know, you are working on it), but also FULLY customisable including DEVS PANEL or CHEAT PANEL - no matter how you call it. If you want to make hardcore game fans happy - add "Hardcore Mode" - where you cannot alter the game and you have to hard work to stay alive without any cheats.... Why not? It's simple option.

I'd love to write you whole my ideas in one, nice booklet with algorithms and images, sketches, schemes, but it will be many hours of work. I'd love to know at least you will read it.

I was talking with many people active in this forum and all said the same: even if you know devs - they just don't read what you say unless posts are velar. Devs are making game and change it only when they see something is popular... Don't do this. I bet most people do not say anything. Make good game, best game, you are close to that. Do not make it only for children who shout loudest...

Don't destroy your game. Can't you see that way to success is this: fully moddable, fully customisable, open world sandbox with all editors possible and with possibility to change the game as people like, even to make it completely different game - even if you make Gore and Blood DLCs for 18+. Do it. And if  it's legal problem - make the same game with different title, and give us blood and gore back. As it was planned.  And then sell it to us second time (discount would be nice, but I'd love to but Ylands but old, planned Ylands, not new Brick Building game only). With most tools working for both games, you could make more money and people would be happy. As you can already see, people want to make racing games, PVP, MMO, RPG, survival, crafting, farming, shooters and even "Mount and Blade" or "Pirates" mods using your engine. It's possible... Even if you had to sell some editors (for fair price) to make money to make new tools. People would pay it. I'd love to pay for good tools. 

Tell me you will read it and I will make professionally and nicely written booklet for free. If you find it useful - we could talk about it later.

With All The Best,
Bartosz

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2019 at 9:41 PM, ComR said:

I'd like to write all problems with Ylands in one text, but, as you can see, devs still do not read what people are writing. I wanted to help - for free, but no one really read this... No birds anymore, blood/gore as DLC or 16+ gamers (why not, Total War is using it), buckets for transport/moving water as dirt/sand or snow. Why not? It would be great to move water at last. 

So, for now we have faster game, that cool, but artists are not sure what they are doing. If it's low poly game - please - reconsider your face changing or let it be an option... The faces just do not fit game esthetics.

You removed birds completely... I hope these will be back... It seems that animal breeding is not working anymore. We lost also most of the interesting places to find... You removed useless mpc's, I guess for now, but game have no idea what to do with empty places left by mpcs houses.

If you click inventory while changing boat direction, boat will stop turning. The only way is to save game and reload it.  

I'd be more than happy to have old Ylands back, even as DLC, even if I had to pay twice as many as I already paid for the game.

I wanted to write "almost complete compendium to Ylands", just to help devs with their problems, but it's hours to write. I don't want to do it just to leave it here...

Dear Devs, but not improving game, but selling it, and by not reading people problems, you loose potential customers. I see more and more people who do not want even to wait for Ylands anymore. Not because game is bad... but because Devs are not even reading and listening to problems... Solutions are really very easy. some examples:

1) Everyone hates newsleeping mechanics. If you let us choose when we can wake up, at least let us choose hour. So, use simple clock (So I could sleep during the day and wake up when I want). Also, for solo game, allow us to wake up just by clicking mouse button, as it was before. It was very nice feature.   You cannot understand that solo games and multiplayer games have to be different?? What's so strange about it?? First thing: in multi you cannot stop the time, so you have sleeping problem... You cannot do anything about it. I understand it. But solution is easy: OPTIONS and SETTINGS!!! Let us choose sleeping mode in settings of the game!

2) You want to make everyone happy... You cannot. Whatever you do - you loose some gamers. So, make some more game options. It's not any problem. You can always make new game mode: Solo Sandbox... Let us choose what we want. You can make this game great, just only by making it fully open world, fully customisable, sandbox, with all editors needed and modding possibilities, including changing graphics from low-poly to realistic, if someone wants it. Just make option in Graphics Menu - use filters and shaders... And let people choose. 

And now I want to sell you best idea for game like yours for free... Have you seen why people loved games like Sid Mayer's Pirates, Operation Flashpoint, Minecraft, GTA, Dwarf Fortress, Doom and hate Watchdogs or Total War series (thought they love the games)? Simply: people love to play, be creative. Whole idea of any game is to be fun and to be game! Not frustrating clicker, for example. Early games, as Doom, were great, because everyone could mod the game - nothing was hidden or coded. Open world games, editable games, games with all editing possibilities (yes, I know, you are working on it), but also FULLY customisable including DEVS PANEL or CHEAT PANEL - no matter how you call it. If you want to make hardcore game fans happy - add "Hardcore Mode" - where you cannot alter the game and you have to hard work to stay alive without any cheats.... Why not? It's simple option.

I'd love to write you whole my ideas in one, nice booklet with algorithms and images, sketches, schemes, but it will be many hours of work. I'd love to know at least you will read it.

I was talking with many people active in this forum and all said the same: even if you know devs - they just don't read what you say unless posts are velar. Devs are making game and change it only when they see something is popular... Don't do this. I bet most people do not say anything. Make good game, best game, you are close to that. Do not make it only for children who shout loudest...

Don't destroy your game. Can't you see that way to success is this: fully moddable, fully customisable, open world sandbox with all editors possible and with possibility to change the game as people like, even to make it completely different game - even if you make Gore and Blood DLCs for 18+. Do it. And if  it's legal problem - make the same game with different title, and give us blood and gore back. As it was planned.  And then sell it to us second time (discount would be nice, but I'd love to but Ylands but old, planned Ylands, not new Brick Building game only). With most tools working for both games, you could make more money and people would be happy. As you can already see, people want to make racing games, PVP, MMO, RPG, survival, crafting, farming, shooters and even "Mount and Blade" or "Pirates" mods using your engine. It's possible... Even if you had to sell some editors (for fair price) to make money to make new tools. People would pay it. I'd love to pay for good tools. 

Tell me you will read it and I will make professionally and nicely written booklet for free. If you find it useful - we could talk about it later.

With All The Best,
Bartosz

You would make this game perfect 

• Upvote 1

The old version of the faces was really better. They fit better into the game.