Oliver Hope

Cant set position of player when falling damaged

Hey it seams I cant set the position of a player when they are damaged and falling

trigger zone that should set position

Ylands_190104_191124.thumb.png.2b8d0c3c1f9ca848034a7d5d37fdd268.png

Script:

Ylands_190104_192345.thumb.png.5d9b8786192cc48e8e5cff3b98daad83.png

video:

As you can see i take fall damage and then fall off the edge

2 is written to console so we know the trigger zone was activated, for some reason it wrote it multiple times

but the position of the entity wasnt changed

Edit: everything works fine under normal cercumstances ie i hurl myself of the edge without taking fall damage for testing purposes 

JUGGERNAUT_1.2.3.zip

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1

I remember a similar bug while building the Octagon.  There was a bug with the large trigger zone that also affected other parts of the game as well as the zone not working right.  I still don't know the real cause, but I remember that simply rotating the trigger zone on Y was enough to make it work.

9 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

I remember a similar bug while building the Octagon.  There was a bug with the large trigger zone that also affected other parts of the game as well as the zone not working right.  I still don't know the real cause, but I remember that simply rotating the trigger zone on Y was enough to make it work.

Short story short i gave it a try and it didnt help :( Thanks though

This problem would be easily solved if we could disable the thing where the player crumples when falling from too high. That would be awesome for a lot of game ideas too :D 

1) it seems to be problem with ragdoll, we will look at to this

2) probably in 0.12 you will be able to set player immune to fall damage (he will not turn to ragdoll then)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, Houp said:

1) it seems to be problem with ragdoll, we will look at to this

2) probably in 0.12 you will be able to set player immune to fall damage (he will not turn to ragdoll then)

Hey im at a bit of a loss for a solution. In a game we are working on the map is in a void world so players can fall off, usually they would get teleported but if they crumple as they fall off by hitting an edge they wont and this leads to them being stuck falling until they freeze to death, not something I want players to deal with.

Its also a problem if players crumple(but dont fall off the map) and another player shoots at them again they should be teleported

I have considered killing the player but its not supposed to feel like you have died

Edited by Oliver Hope

6 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

Hey im at a bit of a loss for a solution. In a game we are working on the map is in a void world so players can fall off, usually they would get teleported but if they crumple as they fall off by hitting an edge they wont and this leads to them being stuck falling until they freeze to death, not something I want players to deal with.

Its also a problem if players crumple(but dont fall off the map) and another player shoots at them again they should be teleported

I have considered killing the player but its not supposed to feel like you have died

Worst case scenario just add zones that slow down player velocity so they dobt crumple?

Or wait till 0.12 when you can prevent fall damage...

I just did a little testing, was easily able to replicate it of course, and here's a possible option:  If you scale the zone on the Y axis to about 30-40 meters thick (or more) it will eventually trigger after they recover from the ragdoll.  There is still the strange moment when they stand up in mid-air and start falling again, but at least it would put them back up onto your map like it's supposed to.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

Worst case scenario just add zones that slow down player velocity so they dobt crumple?

Or wait till 0.12 when you can prevent fall damage...

Not really possible in the circumstances but thanks

8 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I just did a little testing, was easily able to replicate it of course, and here's a possible option:  If you scale the zone on the Y axis to about 30-40 meters thick (or more) it will eventually trigger after they recover from the ragdoll.  There is still the strange moment when they stand up in mid-air and start falling again, but at least it would put them back up onto your map like it's supposed to.

Thank you ill put that in place as a temporary solution until it is fixed, thats half the problem fixed.

This will be fixed in 0.12 (set position will work on players in ragdoll)

• Thanks 2