Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

Entities lose custom names and labels when traded from an NPC

Question

I'm working on some logic that uses custom names and entity labels to trigger logic.  Some of these items can be traded from NPC's that I plan to have in various places on the map.  The problem is I have noticed for some of the items, when I trade for them, they lose their labels (applied when each item is spawned) as well as their custom names and some other attributes such as Unique and Inseparable.

What I see so far is that this only affects items that would normally stack, and the "Unique" value is turned on to prevent it.

I have not tested if this also happens when two players trade items, but it's something to consider.

I put together a simple scenario that shows the problem.  There are 8 items, each with custom attributes and all getting a label added when they are spawned.  4 of them are distinct items that do not normally stack, and 3 of them normally would stack but have the Unique attribute turned on.  The 8th item is a Pan, which is a separate problem (it won't trade at all).  The trigger zone should trigger by any item that has the label, and none of the items should ever stack.

While the NPC has the items, they still have their custom names.  This changes as soon as a trade is done, so I expect this is also when they lose their labels.

There are also other frustrating things I am seeing with NPC trading, such as not being able to adjust trade value for some items, so maybe the whole trading system needs to be reviewed eventually.  It feels incomplete.  (It would be a lower priority, of course, but it does need some work.)

ITEM_LABEL_ERROR_DEMO.zip

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion