Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

copying script between objects (and maybe scenarios)

Question

I don't know if there are already plans for such a feature, but I had an idea about it this morning and thought it best to at least mention it.

We've requested before (or at least I know I have) for the ability to copy or move blocks of code from one object to another.  I have a thought on how that could be done.

In the script editor, on the left are the categories for script commands and methods.  I would add a section (at the bottom, maybe) called "Clipboard" or something descriptive like that.  Instead of containing a list of script commands, it would contain 1 or more SPACES where blocks of code can be dragged and stored.  They would be spaces separate from the object where the code is not executable, just held as a copy for dragging out into a new location later.  It could be persistent for that scenario at least, and possibly across all scenarios.

A possible extension of this idea would be the possibility of being able to build a small personal library of custom routines, almost like compositions of nothing but script code, accessible through the script editor.

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would love something like this.

Sometimes I would have 2 spawn triggers or 2 time triggers that I would like to combine however I can't unless I write the entire code of one, onto the other.

We could really use something like this. Sometimes we have to make use of several events at once, just referencing a global function isn't enough.