Sign in to follow this  
blakeman

Large Explore Sharemaps?

So a friend and I really like the way that the large islands are in the editor, but haven't figured out a way to make those, then make them be explore type sharemaps instead of one of us having to host it when anyone plays.

Is there a way to generate those large (huge!) maps in the explore mode or change a game type to explore?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, blakeman said:

So a friend and I really like the way that the large islands are in the editor, but haven't figured out a way to make those, then make them be explore type sharemaps instead of one of us having to host it when anyone plays.

Is there a way to generate those large (huge!) maps in the explore mode or change a game type to explore?

I second this! The options for island size, biome and count should be there when you create a normal explore game!

On 1/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, blakeman said:

If you like one you've generated in the editor:

1.  Save the scenario.

2.  Go to the "Games" menu

3.  At the top, choose "My Local Games"

4.  Your saved scenario should be in that list.  Click it and choose "Start New Game"

5.  Set the options as you would like, including setting online mode to "Multiplayer"

6.  Have fun!

Indomitus, although your way got us playing together, it doesn't allow them to start the game on their end as it does with the 'explore' mode.

I can set it all up as a sharegame, but we aren't able to have anyone but me start the game up.