Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Inventory one click to eat... and backpacks, clay pots and suitcases. And BUG... magic urn! :)

Question

Hello,

I must say it's a bit annoying to click "equip" or drag berries to slots or to my avatar hands and then close inventory and click again to eat. It would be much easier if we just could click right button to eat something or place sleeping bag on the ground. Of course, it should work this wa only if there is no open chest and right click is needed then for moving items.

And... it would be really nice if we could carry small urns, clay pots, small boxes and above all: small bags - it's realistic and it would not ruin the game if we could move such objects, even if we could place few things in it, three slots it's not a big deal and after all, we have to make them, use resources, so, it would be nice to have small wicked basket for mushrooms, bag for vegetables or just general purpose clay pots or... different size backpacks or even big suitcase, with 9 slots, but we could carry it with both hands... Just for fun. ;)

BTW. There is a bug... You can find few objects, like clay urns, you can carry these, so I was happy that at last we can make clay pots that can be moved around without destroying anything every time we want to move such things. That's... REALLY annoying... And I hope I can make at last general purpose containers! Unfortunately it's just a bug...

Additionally it's a magical magical urn. ;) Turns out, if I open any container and I have at least one item in the urn and at least one the same item in the container, by right clicking I can copy that thing indefinitely! I was able to make hundreds copies of bullets, grain, planks, nails, armour and so on... It was fun, but it ruined whole game after all. :( To check this bug -  find urn in explored world (I don't remember where was it. It was in some king of ruin if I remember well), pick up the urn (yes, you can do it). Place anything in it, for example plank. Build any container (wicker basked always works)  and place one plank in it. Then open the basket, then click the urn, right click on the plank... and magic happens! :) If you drag plank, everything works as usual, but if you right click... You can copy anything.

Good Night!
ComR

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

1-click to eat:  I always reserve one of my hotbar slots for food.  That way, I just hit the number key, eat, then switch back and continue what I was doing.

Bags:  I would love to be able to craft a backpack for extra carrying capacity.  The trick is doing it in a way that requires it's worn on the back.  Otherwise, a player could fill their inventory with those, and have almost infinite capacity.

And I've seen that urn.  I've carried it a few times, but never found that bug.  That's interesting.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Upvote 1

The current theme seems to be dedicated inventory containers. Cotinuing that theme, I'd like to see a few more...

- Some sort of tool box to carry the tools I dont use often;

... and three to help when gathering raw materials (so not crafted blocks)...

- raw wood (logs, sticks, bark, pieces, maybe resin)

- stone and stone/sandstone/marble chunks

- ores, clay, flint

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, backpack, as additional special slot in "avatar clothing" window would be great. Additionally, I think one or two general purpose bags wouldn't hurt. Tool belt would be great. Usually I have to left everything and go do one thing, go back, change tools and resources and do other stuff... It's not bad, but when you have tons of different food (I'm always using only one - roasted fruit, so I have only one slot full. Second slot is reserved for health restoring berries). But, it's still too less slots for adventure. Backpack would be great, even instead of propeller pack - it's a good place for backpack.

I've discovered the same Glitch Urn. ...and it's great!!!

I love using them as a means to bulk load/offload cargo from my ship. ?

I found it.  Gate house, hidden lower room with the alchemy table.  I opened the game in my editor and captured the Urn into a composition...  for research purposes.  ;)

Here's how I think it's glitched:

While working on some game logic, I noticed that a player (container) doesn't just drop an object.  It despawns out of one container and respawns into the other.  Saw this with traded items losing their custom names and labels, and that there's not a direct command to make a player drop an item.  The despawn simply isn't working right on this specific urn.

How to do it:

Place the urn in your inventory, and put a single unit of what you want to copy into it, alone.

In the destination container (something you're not carrying) place at least 1 stack of 1 unit of the item to copy.  You can use CTRL+Drag to make multiple stacks of 1.

Open the destination container, then go into the Urn in your inventory.  Start right-clicking on the item in the Urn.  It will fill every stack you have started in the other container.  You do have to click for each one, though.

Since you have to have a stack started, the trick doesn't work with anything that doesn't stack (as far as I can tell).

Edited by Indomitus

Quick update:

The trick seems to work with any container in your inventory.  The only difference is that the Urn doesn't restrict what it can hold.  (I just tried it with the Coal Bucket, and it worked.)

And I tried it with a stack higher than 1 in the Coal Bucket.  It multiplied the coal even faster.  Wow, what a glitch.

Edited by Indomitus