Macika35

Old faces

Question

What do you think about developers giving Early Access players old faces after releasing Ylands 1.0?

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

You mean that we would look like grandpas and grandmas? I would have to be an extra old whitebeard then :D But now really, I don't think many people would appreciate having their characters magically turn old. Also, you would separate "us" and "them" which is something no Ylander aims to :) 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

You mean that we would look like grandpas and grandmas? I would have to be an extra old whitebeard then :D But now really, I don't think many people would appreciate having their characters magically turn old. Also, you would separate "us" and "them" which is something no Ylander aims to :) 

No I think like faces that were there before update 0.11.

Like this one:https://www.google.rs/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fylands.com%2Fcommunity%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_2018_02%2F5a79ad7f7fc87_2017-04-18(10)-kopie.png.1fdce536d30b9e0895b24467af3c85b2.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fylands.com%2Fcommunity%2Ftopic%2F19483-when-do-we-get-new-avatars-to-buy-with-coyns%2F&docid=Bnh7GLdQXKqXmM&tbnid=Te-nn0QuG6C0_M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj9_dHc3cXgAhXCSRUIHXf8CrIQMwg5KAMwAw..i&w=1680&h=1050&bih=757&biw=1440&q=ylands face&ved=0ahUKEwj9_dHc3cXgAhXCSRUIHXf8CrIQMwg5KAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

2 hours ago, Macika35 said:

Yes, that's my old look. Long time no see :D

I may like the old ones a bit more,  but now there are the new ones these would look out of the place. The new ones look more detailed and more... cheerful? The old ones were more stylized but I can imagine not everybody liked them more :) So I believe it's safe to say they won't be coming back.

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Yes, that's my old look. Long time no see :D

I may like the old ones a bit more,  but now there are the new ones these would look out of the place. The new ones look more detailed and more... cheerful? The old ones were more stylized but I can imagine not everybody liked them more :) So I believe it's safe to say they won't be coming back.

Ok then they can add them for singleplayer only.

Sorry for me being so annoying.

Edited by Macika35

9 hours ago, Macika35 said:

Ok then they can add them for singleplayer only.

Developers always want the game to be one experience. When they decided to scrap the old look, we must move on. But who knows, maybe in the future there will be "nostalgia" mods similar to other games. 

9 hours ago, Macika35 said:

Sorry for me being so annoying.

You aren't ? What is there forum for if not for chatting about ideas? 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1