RedEagle_P1.

P1's Monthly Game Jam for Ylands -- 1000 USD prize (shares)

Make friends! Win prizes! Have fun!

UPDATE

GOOD NEWS!! Its APPROVED!! Bohemia Interactive has decided to make this a sponsored event and they are hooking us up with TONS of awesome prizes: 

- 200 USD for the first place

- 150 USD for the second place

- 100 USD for the third place

Likely minus 10%-15% due to paypal fees/currency exchange as BI is sending us the money first and we are passing it on to you! 

With this change I am announcing that you NO LONGER have to give up the rights to your game IF you upload it to the workshop https://workshop.ylands.com AFTER the competition is complete and winners are announced. 

You do grant P1 the rights we need to: 

1) Play

2) Film

3) Livestream 

Your game. 

The "Shares" thing is still on P1 and our responsibility! If you choose to accept our deal to make your game into a full game for 1000 USD (in our "shares" system), you, of course, give up those rights.

You don't have to accept the contract to build it into a full game! 

HUGE thanks to @Marci Magyar for making this possible :D 

Concept:

Make a simple, fun, game prototype in 20 days!

Win $200 if it's the best & the option to take another 2 months to flesh it out into a full game for $1000 USD in Shares (see details). 

REQUIREMENTS: 

Games must:

1️⃣ Be multiplayer (4-16)

2️⃣ Have replay-value

3️⃣ Be simple -- 4-5 major concepts working together

(No tutorials or written instructions allowed)

4️⃣ Not contain:

Controversial topics: Religious, political themes.

Copyright infringement or work started before the 1st of this month.

Death, violence, monsters, crime, sexual themes.

5️⃣ Be almost totally bug free:

& therefore cannot contain cars, ships (dinghies are allowed).

6️⃣ Must include some form of visual media (video & photographs)

HOW TO ENTER: 

1️⃣ Reply RIGHT AWAY to this topic with “I AM IN”

2️⃣ EDIT reply & Include the words:

1. “Seeking Team”

2. “Going Solo”

3. “Starting Team”

Or something that indicates how you intend to compete.

Anyone can start a team.

We reserve the right to limit how many people can compete, so if you are considering it, reply right away.

JUDGING CRITERIA:

1️⃣ How original is the game’s concept?

2️⃣ How fun is the game?

3️⃣ How unique is the game’s artwork?

4️⃣ How good are the game’s screenshots & videos?

JUDGES: The game will be judged by attendees to the big P1 Party the first Sunday after the 6th. Details: `*x*`

DEADLINE: Due the 6th of April. Upload to Google Drive. 

PRIZES

1st place (team or solo):

1️⃣ $200 USD via paypal.

2️⃣ 1000 “Shares” contract to complete the game! Essentially 1000 USD, See `**`DETAILS

3️⃣ Acceptance to the official professional P1 Creators building team!

2nd place:

✴️ 150 USD - Acceptance to the official professional P1 Creators building team!

3rd place:

✴️ 100 USD - Acceptance to the official professional P1 Creators building team!

We encourage people to do it for fun, not just prizes! This event is all about bringing people together. You don't have to take it seriously and you don't have to take on the contract to finish the game if you don't want to. Just have fun! 

FULL DETAILS: 

Spoiler

`How can we afford such prizes? 

1) We are a team of people that sell games. We need builders to help us make these games so we can pass them on. 

2) The $120 is provided by generous donors like @Spyler.X (1200 USD)  @Oliver Hope  and many many more who donated about 7600 USD together to make this possible. Mostly from our Tencnet competition win of 10,000 USD. 

P1 Creators is a group of professional Ylands game creators and builders. Together we have won 10,000 USD in the big Tencent competition and we have some BIG clients on the line.***`

Winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd will get the Qualified Member rank in our Discord, allowing them to clock hours different projects they work on for us.(

https://youtu.be/1_vFYSPPTfw?t=193)

`**`DETAILS

1000 Shares = 1000 USD on our next payment as a building team. More details can be found during our sign up process: (https://discord.gg/nPu9qmq) <#459787435841421312> You may also want to see: [MEDIA=youtube]1_vFYSPPTfw[/MEDIA]

About teams:

If a team wins all of its members will get the Qualified Member rank up to 3 people. All other prizes must be split between members fairly by the team leader.

`*x*`

P1 Party:

To attend the big weekly party and join in the vote:

1) Visit https://discord.gg/cf6FCWA

2) Choose ?/ Ylands as your game

3) Check the countdown timer here:

https://discordapp.com/channels/133031738334117888/410952364804014080/483772493396705290

4) Hit

You may not vote for your own work or pay/reward others who do so ;).

How judging will work:

We will play the games during the party and put up polls for each category on the P1 forum. 3 points for first place, 2 for second, 1 for third. Most points overall wins.

Legal: Note, you are competing with everyone who sees one of these messages on a variety of forums and discords. These may include:

http://p1gaming.net/forum

https://steamcommunity.com/app/298610/discussions/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ylands

https://www.reddit.com/r/P1Gaming/

https://www.mc-market.org

https://ylands.com/community/

Some topics were posted slightly before others. Check the competition across the board. 

By submitting your game you are giving over the rights of the game to P1.

You must agree to our sign up’s terms of service and sign a non-disclosure agreement and go through the standard sign up process before you get the rank of Qualified Member.

You must finish the game to reasonable standards to get the funds from the contract. It must be bug-free and  complete. Gold Rush or our own games like Hide and Seek and Juggernaut are a good example. We reserve the right to change terms until people start entering the competition. 

Once you win you have 2 months to build a team and finish your game.

By popular vote of participants we an extend the deadline. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Upvote 1

Post your progress as often as you can (minimum 3 times). Helps us ensure rules are kept :)

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Just a heads up for the people that didn't read everything in the post. If you submit a game at all, even if you didn't win, you no longer have the rights to the game. "By submitting your game you are giving over the rights of the game to P1."

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shadow72 said:

Just a heads up for the people that didn't read everything in the post. If you submit a game at all, even if you didn't win, you no longer have the rights to the game. "By submitting your game you are giving over the rights of the game to P1."

Yes, basically you are joining our team as a game maker and we seek to sell the game forward. 

For those who don't know, our team has received unanimous praise in our open feedback forum topic: 

We really enjoy working together and we would love to have you! 

@Spyler.X @Oliver Hope @Fompster_P1 are among our team members :D

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1

20 days? ?

The last card game I created took me about 20 months ?

I still think that slow sloths are superior to all!  

Edited by Miguel Preguisa

25 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

20 days? ?

The last card game I created took me about 20 months ?

I still think that slow sloths are superior to all!  

You just make a prototype now! Not a full game :D. Best prototype wins $120 paypal and a contract to build it into a full game. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

I'm in.  Builder, seeking team.  I have no immediate ideas for a game, but I will help see yours realized.

This sounds like a lot of fun.  Sadly, I don't have time in March to be part of this, but hopefully, these fun challenges continue throughout the year.  I have some game ideas and will be reaching out to the programming/logic hotshots for sure.

Having worked with P1 for the past several months, I know from experience that there is a ridiculous amount of talent in that pool.  What has even been more impressive to see is the consistent support and encouragement that this group provides for all their players (both new and veteran).  If you're even slightly curious, you should really check these guys out. 

Yay! Nice to see so many jump in :D 

Rather than hardcore competition, I would love to see this as a place to share ideas and stuff and have fun. Anyone got some good game ideas? 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Too bad, I wish I had more time to devote to the contest of this month! I have a project to finish hehe...
I hope the community will grow and the hidden talents will unfold.
I can't wait to see the work of the new recruits, welcome aboard P1, guys! 

• Like 2

Hello! Im happy that you are interested in the competition.

Im currently working on a discord that will be used for further communication image.gif.2a168a428ac84cbb320a29543a749a14.gif
pernament invite link: https://discord.gg/BdxE7cx

If you will have some questions dont be afraid to text me! Good luck!

Edited by FavoryPluto
  • Like 2

Sounds very fun too bad I don't have the time to join right now ?

Good luck to everyone!

8 hours ago, Fompster_P1 said:

Sounds very fun too bad I don't have the time to join right now ?

Good luck to everyone!

No but we need a bear-game ;-;

Here are some game ideas I had: 

1) Multi party parkour race where 1 person on each team switchs levers that moves blocks and the other races to the top

2) Small boat (uppderdeck) battle 

3) Spleef with grenades

19 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

1) Multi party parkour race where 1 person on each team switchs levers that moves blocks and the other races to the top 

Just a couple days ago I started some basic sketches on something similar to that.  My version uses guns/projectile weapons, though.  Not to kill, though.  Kind of like with Juggernaut, a hit teleports the player rather than killing them.  I'm basing mine on one of the GTA5 game modes I've seen played on Youtube.  There would be obstacles and objects that provide cover, as well pitfalls and dangers, like trap doors, that the shooters can trigger by hitting specific targets.

I'm looking at 2 teams.  One team is shooting while the other is climbing, and they trade off.  There is a time limit to get to the top, and if a climber is hit or takes damage for any reason they are teleported back to the start.  Debating on whether to use muskets or bow and arrow for the weapon.  Needs to be a slow reload, and a challenge for both teams.  The amount of damage the weapon does is irrelevant.

19 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

2) Small boat (uppderdeck) battle

Had a thought about that one:  How about the teams being able to buy and deploy their own cannons?  I have a simple script already put together that does it, just hung up on the cannon rotation when it's deployed (friggin' 3D maths!).

I realized 0.12 will likely drop in the middle of this contest. 

As per the rules I would like to vote for a slight extension of the deadline to give people enough time to integrate 0.12 changes. Shall we extend until the 30th? 

All in favor say "Yes" all against say "No".