RedEagle_P1.

P1's Monthly Game Jam for Ylands -- 1000 USD prize (shares)

Btw, another game idea. 

Walls separate 4 players. Walls come down in 5 min. Your job is to prepare a base and protect the golden orb on your side. You start with stuff to make cannons, walls etc. The person who protects their base wins. Destroying other people's orb gives gold to buy more materials. 

21 hours ago, OnTarget Eruon said:

Im in

Awesome :D

Are you from P1 or Ylander we dont know yet? 

A lot of people are secretly working on their project but I ask everyone to please share progress here :D

Progress update: I have finished my creation of the walls map. It has 4 quadrants with an area in the middle with better loot. The quadrants have basic things for tools, such as flax stone grass and trees. Better tools will be obtained from the center. Eruon will be coding and will have the next update from our group :)

-Chasepai

Edited by Chasepai_is_the_Pai
Too short
  • Like 1

Just to show everyone how simple making a game is, I made a simple spleef game in Ylands in 20 min.

All you need to do for this contest is something like that ?

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Hello to all the beautiful and kind people here! I want to introduce our game, the Chef Wars to you!

Let me  start with an Introduction from the Boss' of the PHARAO PALEO himself:

"Dear Applicants for the Chef Magician title! Our connoisseurs of paleo are here today because they want the best meals possible. They know that we are VERY dedicated to paleo. Our meals are fresh as it is humanly possible. We EVEN craft our own tools for the hunt or for the best catch. And we also ENTERTAIN our guests by doing it this way - there are beast outside who are hungry too. So good luck and have fun, the guests are waiting!"

Ylands_190318_233543.png

Ylands_190319_083154.png

Ylands_190319_083220.png

Ylands_190319_083348.png

Ylands_190319_083421.png

Ylands_190319_083445.png

Ylands_190319_083523.png

Ylands_190319_084135.png

Ylands_190319_205026.png

• Like 4

Just to clarify, "6️⃣ Must include some form of visual media (video & photographs)" is only in relation to when you submit it. Submit it with photos or a video :D

Hello!

As we started to create this minigame we soon realized how rich the food crafting system already is (I have to admit I had to re-learn it too, on our server we eat corn most of the time, now i feed usually from the Cube). Did you know that you can slice up a meat? Or roast it and slice it after?
The only thing I was a little sad about, that the Pizza is not craftable (yet). But we all love Pizzas! So we started our minigame from here, in Chef Wars you can bake a Pizza! And PHARAOH PALEO offers many more delicacies:

1) CRAZY RABBIT
3 roasted rabbit meats (on a fire or stove) + 3 carrots + 3 bearberries
2) SUGARBIRD
3 roasted bird meats (on a fire or stove) + 12 pineapple slices (made from 3 pineapples, with a knife) + 3 bananas
3) FISH & CHIPS
3 roasted fishes (on a fire or stove) + 3 baked potatoes (on a fire or stove)
4) PHARAOH SALAD
3 hard-boiled eggs (on a fire or stove) + 6 pineapple halves (from 3 pineapples, with a knife) + 3 grains
5) WILD STEAK
3 roasted meat slices  (on a fire or stove, and with a knife) + 3 roasted vegetables (made from any 3 vegetables, on a fire or stove) + 3 blackberries
6) TREASURES OF THE SEA
3 oyster meats (split from the shell, with a knife) + 3 roasted crabs (on a fire or stove) + 3 roasted starfishes (on a fire or stove)
7) PIZZA
1 bread (on a fire or stove from 1 bread dough) + 3 spinachs + 3 roasted champignons (on a fire or stove)
? PHARAOH SOUP
1 vegetable soup (made from any 3 vegetables on a fire or stove) + 3 roasted meats  (on a fire or stove) + 3 carrots

The Guests and the Barkeeper already arrived, next time we will show you where you find the ingredients for the Meals.

Ylands_190324_183544.png

Ylands_190324_183619.png

Ylands_190324_183647.png

Ylands_190324_183704.png

Ylands_190324_183849.png

Ylands_190324_183931.png

Ylands_190324_184000.png

• Like 3

So 0.12 has taken quite a bit longer than I thought. I would really like to give people a chance to add 0.12 elements to their games.

Moreover, BI had let me know they are interested to do something special for this contest if we are willing to extend it.

Can we have 1 more week extension? Dates pushed to the 6th with judging on the 7th?

All in favor say "Yes" all against say "No".

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

GOOD NEWS!! Its APPROVED!! Bohemia Interactive has decided to make this a sponsored event and they are hooking us up with TONS of awesome prizes: 

- 200 USD for the first place

- 150 USD for the second place

- 100 USD for the third place

Likely minus 10%-15% due to paypal fees/currency exchange as BI is sending us the money first and we are passing it on to you! 

With this change I am announcing that you NO LONGER have to give up the rights to your game IF you upload it to the workshop https://workshop.ylands.com AFTER the competition is complete and winners are announced. 

You do grant us all the rights we need to: 

1) Play

2) Film

3) Livestream 

Your game. 

The "Shares" thing is still on P1 and our responsibility! If you choose to accept our deal to make your game into a full game for 1000 USD (in our "shares" system), you, of course, give up those rights.

You don't have to accept the contract to build it into a full game! 

HUGE thanks to @Marci Magyar for making this possible :D 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.