Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16044] infinite resource bug (stack count in inventory containers)

Question

I hesitate to report this bug, because is just so handy to have it sometimes, but it does make the game way too easy when it's exploited.  The bug involves items carried in a container in a player's inventory (any pickable container will do this; I've tested them all) and transferring them to another container.

1.  Get 2 units of a resource or stackable item.

2.  Get a container that it can be placed in, and carried in your inventory.  For infinite Flax, Cotton, or Magic Blossom, for example, use the Herb Bag.  (I'll call this one the "Bag" to keep the explanation clear.)

3.  Set up a separate container in the area around you, not in your inventory.  Any container that can hold the item will do.  I'll call this one the "Chest" to keep them separate.

4.  Place 1 of the item directly in the chest, and 1 in the bag in your inventory.

5.  Open the chest.  In your inventory, open the bag.

6.  Right-click on the item in the bag, as if you want to move it into the chest.  The stack count in the chest will increase, but the item in the bag will not decrease or go away.  You can repeat until the stack in the chest is full.

If the stack you are carrying is more than 1, then the stack in the chest will increase by the amount you have.  If you have 10, then it will go up by 10 with each click.

If there are multiple partial stacks in the chest (CTRL+drag to separate a stack) then it will continue until all of them are full.

If the player finds one of the old pickable versions of clay pots (there are some that can be found in random sites around an Explore map) then the player can create infinite amounts of anything that is stackable, once they have 2 of that item.

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion