Igor Q.

Ylands Boss Script Fight Test

Hey guys! 

To anyone who saw my latest videos such as the self constructing bridge, and all the cool fire FX, they were all used to make the following video!

Although this is a early development (there's a lot of work to do!), you should already get an idea of what's gonna happen ;)

Final version is out!
Multiplayer version is out!

HOW TO GET GAME?

image.png.4419a101da1eab3390203d74e9e5ee8a.png

image.thumb.png.96e932dd8a8c030618c66d18a9c052cb.png

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Like 5

This is really cool. I would love to see this as a asset we could import into our games to make boss fights super quickly. Maybe have a system where there are different phases and you can assign different attacks that are possible in each phase and as the boss's health gets lower it can change phases.

Unfortunately each custom spell has like +5 animations :(
The only thing I could do is export the fire display effects....everything else you'd have to make it yourself...

This is the total list of coding used for the attacks so far...

image.thumb.png.04c3eb999c5cd12afd3c2467f1721b1e.pngimage.thumb.png.d439958544569218ee8c8d991e2d23ed.png
image.thumb.png.a34db511fdce7d44f2761c45c31ba5f4.pngimage.thumb.png.669ba7fa6e5af5e7d23cf5c7e2a96a6b.png

Edited by Igor Q.

Is there a way to win the fight? I couldn't get the boss health to decrease. 

But otherwise... really cool! It was fun even trying to dodge all the different attacks. And I especially liked the lava effect. You should also make people burn next to it :D Maybe there should be something like play arena so the boss doesn't attack you on the other side of the bridge?

You have to attack the face when it does the chain grab! @Miguel Preguisa
The burn effect is a great idea, I'll see what I can do with it!

I intend for the bridge to be a 1 way only passage XD

• Thanks 1

v0.10 IS OUT! I spent so much time trying to get the aesthetics to look nice...I think it killed me in the process T_T

• Upvote 1

This is beautiful. We hope that with addition of dynamic objects + instructions, things like this will be easier to create :)

Maybe next time. As people say, third fourth fifth time is the charm! Or I hope it will be xD  Now you can at least view one of my unsuccessful fights. Okay, the Firelord is a better fighter than me :P  

• Haha 2

@Miguel Preguisa It was a good try! ? I think the health regen perk is a bit TOO strong. Also, I'm sorry if the laser isn't visible...I'm not sure what's causing the bug but at least for me I don't have that visual bug.

2 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@Miguel Preguisa It was a good try! ? I think the health regen perk is a bit TOO strong. Also, I'm sorry if the laser isn't visible...I'm not sure what's causing the bug but at least for me I don't have that visual bug.

Where should I see the laser? Isn't it the red line coming from its mouth (not the chains)? I run away from it starting 2:22 

12 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@2:11 the line disappears for some reason...

Hm, that's true. I thought I was too close to lava. I will check my other recordings to see if that bug has occurred any other time. 

Great update! Just a small note. It seem to me that second phase is triggered by time. Would not it be better if it was triggered by remaining health?

4 hours ago, Houp said:

Great update! Just a small note. It seem to me that second phase is triggered by time. Would not it be better if it was triggered by remaining health?

Great suggestion! Currently I have all fight animations triggered by random timers. The floor breaking is associated with the hand hitting the floor after 6 hits. However "phase 2" actually begins when you fall down ;) (If you want an extra challenge as soon as you start the boss, simply jump down.)

However I'll try to make it so that the hand breaks the floor when the boss health hits <50%

Any other suggestions are also welcomed.

Update: Made the attacks feel a little less relentless, nerfed health regen, and increased boss health slightly.

Unless there are any major bugs, or someone wants to give this map a facelift this will be the last update to the game. 

Thanks for the following the development of the game Fire Lord ?

• Like 1

Hey everyone, because of requests I have made a multiplayer version of the same game. (There hasn't been much playtesting but I urge anyone interested to try it out with their friends!)

If you find any bugs let me know! (NOTE: I am aware of an issue with players opening up the dialogue menu appearing blank, simply close and the dialogue chat will re-open properly the 2nd time)
https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/1097

image.thumb.png.eae806fb0da10cd97487c1b1463bac57.png