Sign in to follow this  
Hww047

KNOWN ISSUE Stuck after deconstructing an extinguished fireplace

Question

Hi,

I tried deconstructing an extinguished fireplace on my base, which has Protective Barrier Generator activated, and got stuck. I held a Stone Hammer and left clicked on the extinguished fireplace to deconstruct it. Then nothing happened, but I can't move, can't click on anything: my inventory, hotbar, etc. I tried the /unstuck command and nothing happened. The only  way to get out of this was to press Esc, and Quit to Main Menu, and then reload the game. Then everything was fine, that is, until I tried deconstructing the fireplace again..

Tried this twice, had the same result.

Thanks.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

it seems to be a bug   related to the new  close up  view .....    try using  alt-tab to  switch to a  non  ylands  screen...like  a discord  chat window   etc....wait a second  then  alt-tab  switch back ....    if you can,  then  move  further away from target,   perhaps  better to  try   to deconstruct   form the  outside of the  building where there is  more  space.

if you are  stuck too close   try    /unstuck 0   , then if  your avatar freezes  or  goes  crazy,  the  alt- tab     temp  fix. 

if  none of those  work ... scream ,  pull your hair  out  and run around the  room...   then  make yourself a   stiff drink to calm down  and  hope  for a  hotfix   .... :)

@kimbuck Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry I only visit the forum to post bugs and nothing else, so I only saw your reply now, and but I will try those steps you advised.

Anyway, I tried turning off the Protective Barrier Generator and whack the thing repeatedly with the said hammer, the whole thing was messy but I got rid of the fireplace that way and not get stuck.

And about your last advice, I did shave my head after I thought pulling it manually was a bit painful, and now I'm almost bald, but hey, then I got constant crashes again after my in-game drill did not work (and using the in-game Editor to work around it caused more crashes). Thinking of getting a wig and pulling them hair out again soon :D