Ane

Dev Diary #74

Hey there fellow ylanders,

If you're reading this, you must be aware by now that on Monday we released the 0.12 Smooth Sailing update. It took longer than we originally planned to, but we hope it was worth the wait (sonrisa) It did introduce a few issues, especially with the crafting panel, that we addressed yesterday in a hotfix (along with other fixes). If you missed that, make sure to check the changelog here. We're also aware of the issues some of you are having when connecting to the servers - we'll update you on that next week, when we know more.

Overall it seems that you guys like the new User Interface. In any case, in the following weeks we'll talk in detail about what we plan to change about the Game User Interface, because there are a lot of things that we didn't manage to get in time for this update. So if you have any comments/thoughts on this, this is the time (sonrisa)

Screenshot_1.png

Special mention to HAL, who made it into the video Dev Diary!

According to the University of Massachusetts, I mean... a Twitter poll, the changes made to the ships have been highly welcomed. Seems like it indeed was a smooth sailing in that regard!

Screenshot_8.png

The new in-game sounds have also received quite a bit of praise, we'll make sure to pass that info to the audio departm... guy (gran sonrisa)

There are some mixed feelings when it comes to the camera - some of you appreciate the smoothness when the character is in tight spaces, others have pointed out that the camera being centered to the vehicles instead of the character doesn't feel right. We'll take that info into account!

Screenshot_4.png

We swear we haven't paid Charley to change his mind about the game! (gran sonrisa)

Although not strictly connected to this update, we did receive some negative feedback regarding the placement of dirt - a few players are having issues filling holes or removing dirt from the air. Any thoughts on this?

There were also a couple of mentions to the fact that the cursor dot is gone in the 3rd person view. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Screenshot_5.png

That hurt, Chris!

And, of course, I think I'm not mistaken when I say the new additions and changes that our Editor wizard Houp brought to the table have been very appreciated (sonrisa)

Screenshot_6.png           Screenshot_7.png

I'm missing the Xbox one for a combo!

Anyway, we'd like to thank everyone who took the time to comment and provide their feedback, you make our day! (sonrisa)

But since there's never enough feedback, we encourage you to share your thoughts in this thread there. Or even suggestions for future updates. Or anything, really.

That’s it for today. Have a great Easter weekend, ylanders, and as always - stay classy!

-----------------------------------------

Now for this week's questions!

Which update will include the Editor items in game? 1.0? Or before then.

If what you mean are items that can't be crafted and are available only in the Editor - we are not planning to put them in the game in the foreseeable future. If there are any you feel should be craftable in the game, please let us know in the comments below and let's discuss it (sonrisa). Thanks!

No longer able to transfer directly from a container in inventory to a chest. This stops the infinite resource bug (I will miss it but it had to go) but could cause other smaller issues. It now requires the item to go through the main inventory, but what if my main inventory is full? Can't move the item in or out of the container in that case.

I see. We'll look into it.

I have tested the welding and it seems quite efficient, I have noticed that it does not work with vegetation or containers. Will it be possible to unite them in the future?

The welding is just the first iteration and we will definitely improve it further. I believe we will let you know in one of future DD about what plans we have for this feature.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hello!

I love the logic template that we have available. However to improve performance issues, can have have the ability to despawn/remove logics generated from templates?

Additionally, when will we get the option to have have manual cinematic cameras? It would he helpful for a game that is fixed to a region and I want to provide a specific perspective.

The boat bug now is almost fixed and it's really cool thanks ! Just fix the anothers little bug please and it will be perfect ?

Edited by jeunekeum54

If what you mean are items that can't be crafted and are available only in the Editor - we are not planning to put them in the game in the foreseeable future. If there are any you feel should be craftable in the game, please let us know in the comments below and let's discuss it (sonrisa). Thanks!

That's a bit disappointing... may I ask why not?

I've commented many a time which items I'd like to see added... but seeming they won't be added and seem to fall on deaf ears, I won't worry about mentioning them a 3rd time.  I will say that some of the best items you have in the game aren't craftable... unless you plan to charge money for them later on as a bought item... but we saw how well that worked previously!

Thanks for getting back to me... I guess

This up date has been fun really enjoying many of the improvements. Even with the server issues. I do miss the cursor dot, but it was not much help when planting crops. I would love to be able to craft pizza in explore! Maybe even dare I say it Pineapple pizza! Would also like to see more plants like bell pepper, onion, garlic, and tomato and citrus and apple trees in the game too! Are there any plans for more feminine clothing options like dresses and high heels?

Loving the new weld feature and ability to add multiple entities to a label, even though iv barely used them YET ?. Its a comfort to know they are there. However it would be great if we could use both features with groups, welding just for convinence and labeling so that we can label multiple groups without breaking them apart and having to regroup them later, which can be tedious depending on their position.

Thanks! 

I am liking the camera view when sailing, I no longer get blinded by my sails. And I can hop into 1st person as needed.  

I would like to point out that the server issues are not minor and I hope are addressed sooner rather than later. It's impossible to get to MP without it.  I still can't use the P1 servers for the new editor explore map.  Like at all.  Works like a dream on the BI server.  There is speculation that this is not accidental.  Please fix.

I am really loving the update.  

But iceblocks still aren't clear.  You said that would be fixed.  It's the only option we had for clear besides glass panes.  Could glass blocks be a thing? in all the shapes and sizes we have in other blocks?

• Downvote 1