Hey since 0.12 most items i equip through scripting automatically go to the inventory when i use equip( entity ,character) but i want it to go the hotbar. I know the way items go to the inventory changed but this cause a big problem. i cant have players having to equip them selves properly each round, is there a solution to this i am unaware of?

6 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Have you tried

image.thumb.png.b133ffe7233e0212cb359f093b8cc4b5.png

?

seems like a good idea ill give it a shot

thanks

EDIT: didnt work

Edited by Oliver Hope

If you're equipping them entirely in script, spawn each item into inventory first, capturing it into a variable, then use the variable to equip that item immediately.  Pay close attention to the order that you do them, and you can plan exactly which hotbar slot they'll appear in.

I put this code into a Lever, and it put the Hammer in #2, the Axe in #3, and the Spade in #4.

itemspawninventory.png.ae5e87fb718a5d50bd9700a4bdb9413b.png

Ylands_190420_215413.png.d14c3ac54d1b19a226947d726867710f.png

@Indomitus That only works for tools, tools automatically go into your hotbar other items such as arrows go to your inventory

Ylands_190421_134605.png

Edited by Oliver Hope

Hi, we may add changing player's hotbar slots to anything which he has in his inventory already.

• Thanks 1

Hotbar assign actually works in same manner as in game. If you pick-up something, it goes to first free hotbar slot automatically - same applies for items spawned trough script.

Equip adds functionality that it will equip armor pieces to respective body slots or will assign item to "active hand slot" (Hot bar slot 0). Vice versa - get active item returns item currently held in "0 slot".

It sounds like what's needed/wanted is something similar to what we now have for the body slots:  being able to equip to a specific hotbar slot, and even to lock/unlock what is equipped in that slot.

As a bonus, it would be also be nice to be able to make a specific item/slot the active item, and lock/unlock it (for example, forcing a player to visibly carry a flag in a Capture the Flag game).

5 hours ago, Indomitus said:

being able to equip to a specific hotbar slot, and even to lock/unlock what is equipped in that slot.

This is exactly what id like to see it would also be nice to have an 'equip to hotbar' tile which places it in the first free slot of the hotbar

Hi,

gool suggestion. We will allow you to put anything from player's inventory to a hotbar slots.

• Thanks 1

@Houp

To add to this, can you give us the ability to "Lock" the active item of the player?

Yes (just probably do not expect it in upcoming updates, many big features are in plan and probably there will not be spare time to implement many small features)

(capture the flag in the mind? (I know that know you need to equip and lock crazy hat or switch on high light on a player holding "the flag")

On 5/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, Houp said:

Hi,

gool suggestion. We will allow you to put anything from player's inventory to a hotbar slots.

Is this also considered a small feature, will it maybe in the next update? Personally I feel its quite important, as the only work around, player roles, do not work in all situations 

Unfortunately this version is very packed, but this matter concerns me as well - adding to hotbar became quite inconsistent at this moment and "Equip" instruction does not assure correct hotbar behaviour either. 

I will try to enforce some priority to it :)

• Thanks 1

Not really for capture the flag but for just about anything.

In some cases you dont want a player to accidentally unequip an active item because that is not the intended purpose.

Ex: I dont want people to unequip an axe used to kill a boss, I dont want players to unequip a tool they are supposed to use or I don't want players to unquip their weapon they are suppose to use for pvp.

In short, I want to force players at all times to have an active item equiped.

Edited by Igor Q.

So we have fixed "Equip" behavior - it will work in same manner as equip button in inventory  -> item is added to 0 slot and this slot is set as active. Later we will add instructions allowing to lock slots, so then you will be able to control what is player actually wielding.

• Thanks 2