Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16314] boat gets stuck ..reversing will not help ...

Question

When a boat hits a shoal it  gets   really  stuck!  reversing  will not  help, and   when you dig it  out ...even though there's nothing  in contact  with the hull, it  must  still be caught  in the collision  field  because the  boat   will not  move.

The boat will move like its  free,  ie   bob up and down  in the waves ..but refuses to move.

We had to use another bat to  help  push a stuck boat  free,...and    when it was finally  moved , the area  underneath it had  been really dug out  deep,  but it  still wouldn't  move.

No log  file  taken,  this  is an easy to reproduce     bug  /  thing /  whatever

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I hear  others   on P1    servers  encountered this ....   it  took  2 of  us    an hour  and  pushing  with another boat  and a lot of   digging  underwater  to  free a stuck  boat,  even  though the underwater  view shows no   ship  hull contact with  the  ocean  floor..

Hello! Are you referring to the boat or the ship?

Could you please send us the save game where you're having the issue? Also a screenshot could be helpful.

The   ship Ane,   --   two of us encountered it. After  it was "assembled"  it  sailed   great, but  when we hit a small shallow  area it  got  stuck on it.  Reverse   could not  free it. We spent  ages  digging it out   and   eventually    used  another ship  with a  protruding  bow  to " push" the stuck ship free ....   the  area  where the  ship  had been stuck  was  really   dug out  deep, and we could not see any part of the keel touching the   ground.   The  ship  moved  like it was   floating.  - ie   bobbed up and  down in the waves , but  would not   move in reverse etc  or respond to the helm.

The  game  unfortunately    has been  "replaced"  .... 

Others   have mention  they too had  got  their  ships "stuck"  and it  took ages  to free them.   Some managed to free them by  going into  assemble  mode and put  dirt in front of the bow  to push the  ship back  into deeper water

Edited by kimbuck

Ok, gotcha! We haven't been able to reproduce it, that's why I asked for the save game file, so that we can test it in your map :)

I have  asked others  to   look out for the incident...and to  save logs etc and report here.   I note that reversing is not as "effective" as it use to be..

it looks like   ships  need  deeper  water   than before.... i just  encountered  some guy whose  been stuck and  digging  for  hours ... hes  logged out in frustration!

Hes been digging  all around the ship ...as you can see  by the water  glitch.

Remember....   big  ships  need  deeper water....

20190425095151_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
added pic of stuck mariner...look at space under ship but still stuck!

The problem with reverse is new. But honestly, building in too shallow of water has always been a problem. The game has always warned about it. This is a player mistake.

do you know which island this is? I might be able to rescue it int the editor

not  offhand    but i think  se  of  island  7