Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

New version should have the same GUID?

Could I get a simple explanation for the error

New version should have the same GUID?

What exactly does it mean and how do I avoid it?

This means that exported game has to be exported from same source file - each Game project (scenario) has unique internal GAME ID which is used to identify that game. This one is there to prevent stealing Workshop projects. GAME ID changes each time you do "Save As" in editor.

That makes it difficult to maintain multiple versions of a game.  We would have to directly copy the file out of the Scenarios folder to prevent the ID from being altered.

Luckily there is workaround:

• A new public console command "/changegameid <ID>" with asset id (number of asset in workshop) can be used. (Example: Tutorial has asset id 585: https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/585 )
  • You can change asset id only in editor and only for scenarios.
  • You can change asset id only of your local games (not the one downloaded from the workshop)
  • You can change asset id to the target one only if you are the one who uploaded target asset id. (so noone can change asset id to be same as our games)
  • You should get proper message if you use non existing asset id.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Change_Game_ID

Interesting. I think we should be allowed to change the source file. Many games get corrupt over time so we make a new save for roll-back often.

17 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Interesting. I think we should be allowed to change the source file. Many games get corrupt over time so we make a new save for roll-back often.

It can be fixed, see my post above :)

Hey @Rudy.cz

I've been trying to work on "linking games together" but it's not working (at least Locally). Can you please let me know if I'm following the proper procedure?

Step 1)
Create a "game set"

image.thumb.png.d31cc56761acb26f90c59b6c2a659b32.png

Step 2)

Click "edit" then "Add Current Game"

image.thumb.png.bf0b8e7fa8d7efaf46864629af8f7126.png

Click "Get ID" and save text file for later use.

Step 3)

- Create a new game file

-Add to game set

Step 4)

Create a lever with the following script inside.

image.png.9ddab8a9d1c73085a8891cf88f7f12e5.png

Optional) If the game is hosted online, reference the Guid number within the workshop instead.  Ex: Tutorial has asset id 585: https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/585

Yes/No?

I've been trying to do this for a while but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm also getting this error when I try to upload a file online with a game set attached to it
image.png.1ffd1795d4c9ad4dbb0381e38247e995.png

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately Local game change is not yet supported. In order to make the Game-set to work, all the games in have to be published on Workshop and the transition only work when playing on-line (players will be then sent to existing instance or new instance will be spawned)

Another feature of game-set is that all the games in one Game-set can share same persistent storage.

We are currently working on WIKI  update the with explanatory article about this.

• Thanks 4