Igor Q.

Ylands Mages - IN PROGRESS

Edit: Project is currently on hold atm. Dealing with some multiplayer issues aswell as trying to figure out how to turn this into a potential game.... Also switching jobs irl atm so super busy with that too. Hopefully I'll have more time in the near future to work on this.

So after having so much fun with making the Fire mage, I have decided to start making multiple mages each with a unique playset, FX, etc!

Will this become a game? Absolutely.

Do I know what kind of game I'm making or when it will be done? I have absolutely no idea. (IM OPEN TO SUGGESTION)

Here's a list of all the current teasers...

but when the fire nation attack everything changed....

What controls even the biggest campfires? ROCKS.

Lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, but when I update a post, it does!

I am now also making an eco friendly mage :)

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

I was working just on this (actually, the opposite - on ice spells to defeat Firelord :D) yesterday but nothing came out of it. I think some more tutorials on visual scripting would be welcomed because most of the time I try anything I'm lost ? And new tiles from 0.12 that redirect you to an empty wiki page upon pressing help don't help very much... 

Add me on discord and I can help you XD

Igor Q.#4053

i also started streaming [a littile] so if you're lucky you might see me online

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You sir may have completely revolutionised Ylands! It won't be long now before some dedicated lads decide to build a fantasy rpg! Haha

Class work mate!

• Thanks 1

Rock Mage got a small FX improvement and nature mage has now been finished! (I'm also working on the terrain)

Edited by Igor Q.

Even though that I love fire, I have to say that the nature mage is my favorite one! I think he's most unique and original. Also, I somehow prefer playing supporting classes :D

6 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Even though that I love fire, I have to say that the nature mage is my favorite one! I think he's most unique and original. Also, I somehow prefer playing supporting classes :D

Everyone likes nature the most :(

its probably because they get plants that shoot stuff for them... Oddly enough I find Lightning Mage the most interesting because the playstyle is very...different.

Now that I have created 2 DPS oriented and 2 Tank oriented mages...I will now begin working on 2 supports...

But I will also now try to focus on building the arena of where the battles will take place.

Upcoming Mage = Water ;)

Possible attack ideas (not finalized)

Jump attack - A giant whirlpool that sucks people

Light attack - boomerang-type attack that damages/heals (simiar to LoL Lux W)

Charge - Granting self and allies bonus Mana Regen

Heavy Attack - A giant slow wave that damages/slows targets

Roll - TBD