Sign in to follow this  
DW's Gaming N Animation

Need Help with re-spawning Plants

Does Anyone know how to get cotton, grass, and all other plants to re-spawn after it has been picked up? I'm thinking of setting up a delay once the plant is picked after 30 sec's a seedling appears then grows into the full plant.  I'm trying my hand at learning how to create logic's for a new server, but I'm a total noob.

I was watching red eagles videos and I saw the video where he created a trigger to have grass grow back, I tried it out with cotton, but the problem is that it doesn't always work for me, don't know why, and I also realized that the player has to go into the trigger zone in  order for it to work.  Is there a way to set a logic to re-spawn a plant if it is picked up?

image.thumb.png.57589ee48cf4783fb42727ffd827b670.png

Hi,

it is not probably best name of event but you need to listen to "On collecting" where you want to respawn entity with a same type as  "Target entity" (plant which vs growing vs "Products": plant which is put into inventory and will not grow after placing on the ground)

I've noticed that if you select an entity, or a label containing entities, the list of events will automatically filter itself to only the ones that apply to those items.

I would also be careful by doing it this way because you could start to have more than you want respawning. Any time a player plants their own plant and collect it there will be a new node there that will respawn. After time the whole island will have too many respawns and just become cluttered.