Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

New File Types and Editing Maps

Question

Can someone help me understand the new file type and how to use them?

Most of my time in ylands is spent taking care of the P1 PVE maps.  This used to be fairly straight forward.  Now it is really confusing.   When you export a game to local file, it puts it in a new folder called Games (as opposed to SaveGames) and gives it two different file types: YGT and YST.  I can't figure out how to access these in the game.

We use Nitrado, and it behaves very differently to the BI servers.  We have to change the .ylandsgame file to SessionSave.ylandsgame.  BI seems to upload it without changing the file name in any way.

I need to be able to edit both straight explore games and modded explore games.  Currently this is very random as to whether I can even see the games in the editor or not.  

I need a turorial on how you intend the different style maps to work. 

• Downvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

One of the things you guys said you wanted to do better was communication.  With the last update things changed drastically in how I can manage (or not) my servers.  Everything is harder now, because there is no instruction on the changes.  This question has been up nearly a week with no response from devs.  I need some help understanding the new file types.  @Ane@Aleš Ulm Anyone?

• Downvote 1

I am not sure how Nitrado servers work, but when setting up Dedicated server you put both files (.ygt, .ysd) to server instance root and modify "DsConfig.json" accordingly:

• "SessionDataType" : "TemplateFile",
  • "SessionData" : "<filename>.ygt",

Does this help?

There is brief explanation of new file formats here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Game_export